Weaver scope mount for Blackhawks

Help Support Ruger Forum:

opos

Buckeye
I used to have a Weaver (think it was a #301) scope mount for a Blackhawk or a Super Blackhawk that was a no drill type of mount...worked fine...just went to several places and nothing in stock...has this been discontinued or any ideas where I might find one? I don't want anything that takes drilling and tapping...any help much appreciated..
opos

jmfc606

Single-Sixer
Call weaver and see if they are still made. If not put a WTB in our classifieds here as well as every other gun forum. Maybe one will turn up. I know I have one somewhere for the MKII 22. Good Luck!!

rchery59

Bearcat
Still available, look on e bay ,I see them there all the time.
I just bought one off armslist for $10.00
I think midway still has them also.

opos

Buckeye
Might just be the Christmas shopping spree but Midway and several others say "discontinued"...I've e mailed Weaver to see what gives...None for sale on Amazon or E bay either...man I hope they didn't discontinue those...Thanks and I'll post and keep watching.
opos

opos

Buckeye
blume357 said:
Seems like I bought one for my 30 Cal. Carbine a few years back that only required the rear sight be removed .... not sure even where it is....putting a scope on that hoss seemed kind of silly.

I've got eyesight problems and need to have a "little help"...the one it's going on is also a 30 Super Blackhawk..fun gun

I could probably let it go if you really need it. I do have to make sure it is a 'Weaver' mount.... but I know it is a good one that takes the standard handgun scope. I'll go see if I can find it....

found it... have no clue who made it... but it is a Weaver mount, has that written on it along withe the numbers: "301 314" and as I remember you take the rear sight off to install this... has a bolt for this along with a spacer.

Okay folks, (opos) wants to buy the scope mount from me and I'm willing to sell it.. But here is the question, what is it worth? I told Single Six that I would ask the question here and we would work it out. I can't remember what I paid for this scope mount, I tend to pay too much for the things I want.

So folks, help me out here..... how much is it worth? (I don't care what folks are selling or asking for one on ebay)

The 301-314 for the Single-Six might be too short for the Blackhawk .30's full-size frame. That's likely why they offer two different models.

Way back when I bought one for a .357 Maximum, the local shop kept trying to sell me one for the regular Blackhawks, and I finally ordered one of the longer Maximum versions directly from Weaver. Works fine to this day, although it took a little shimming to get it to install "perfectly" on the revolver.

:)

All I can say is I had it installed on my 30 Cal. Carbine Ruger with no problems.

I think this is because the rail part itself has both numbers on it, 301 & 314. I suspect this is because the front part that latches around the barrel is removable and so is the part that fits either the black hawk or the single sixes.

Latest posts