Waited only three months

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Will Farr

Bearcat
I found out here on this forum that Ruger was going to continue the Lipsey 44 Spl. as a regular production gun. I put in a standing order for one at the end of January. I figgered it would be a looong wait. Then, I read here that the 44 would also be offered in stainless, so I went back to the gunstore about two weeks ago and had them change my order to stainless. I got the call yesterday morning that it had arrived, and I picked it up a few hours later. Fit and finish look good. Trigger pull was heavy; lifting off one of the spring arms helped a lot. I got a lot of thangs going on right now, so have not shot it yet. I will make some holly grips for it soon and do some loading. Will post pictures and let yall know how it goes.

Dale53

Blackhawk
If your stainless .44 Special is as good as my .44 Lipsey Special (and I have every reason to believe it is) you'll be a happy camper. All these revolvers need is a good trigger job and they are "good to go"!!

I would have actually preferred a stainless one but am happy with what I have.

Dale53

Vulcan Bob

Single-Sixer
Just got mine two weeks ago after a three month wait also. Compares favorably to my Lipsey's and shoo's just as good.

Will Farr

Bearcat
Terry T---No, there is no T in front of the serial number, just a 520 prefix. Parkergunz, my dealer told me he has 2 other orders in for blued ones. They are still waiting.