Turned down a GP100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The smoothest GP100 I've owned were two obtained from a corrections facility trade in. They had good care and some use and were smooth as butter. I also bought a Match Champion back when they were first released and it is a shooter and a keeper. The 357 Redhawk was rough but getting better after a good cleaning and a bit of use. If you want one, just watch the forum classifieds, one will surface eventually.

mjh

Single-Sixer
GP 100 was my first center fire handgun.....it would be the last I would get rid of.....I'd like a 6 inch model but I inherited an old nicely blued wood grip Taurus Model 66 6 inch from my late uncle--barely used......dang if that isn't an accurate gun---I know it's a Taurus and all that but an accurate gun is an keeper---I hope it holds up.

SteveSt

Bearcat
I have 5 GP 100s and love shooting all of them. I have taken them apart to polish trigger parts and try different springs. Ruger GPs are tanks and while some S&Ws are smoother out of the box, I prefer the Rugers.

larry8

Single-Sixer
A couple months age I bought a new Super Redhawk 44mag, 7" and took it home and cleaned & oiled it. Took it to the range and was really suprised with the trigger. I never had a revolver with such a smooth trigger pull. It was like butter smooth. I guess the 1K was well worth it.

Correction to my earlier communication re: GP-100. I described mine as a SS 3" .357 NIB w/ Crimson Trace Laser grips (originals still in the case). That data is exactly right except the bbl must have grown in the safe to 4." The reason it is available is because it feels too big in my hand. I also have a SP-101 3" .357 that fits me much better. My favorite is still a .38 S&W Chiefs Special I bought in the late 1950s and carried in Korea & the RVN.

Hour of Angle

Bearcat
I currently have no GP100s. I have owned 3 or 4 in various barrel lengths but have traded them all off for this or that reason, mainly accuracy problems. Just couldn't find a happy place no matter how hard I tried. My SP-101s and Speed Sixes on the other hand.....

Latest posts