Trigger on newer LCP's really that good?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Skidboot

Single-Sixer
I was in a gun store the other day and dry fired one of the newer LCP's. I couldn't believe the difference between it and the two older models I have. The trigger pull is much shorter. I also noticed you can actually see the front sight. I'm considering trading in one of my older ones for this newer version. Is the new model really as good as it seems?

revhigh

Hawkeye
Skidboot said:
Is the new LCP really as good as it seems?

That's the first time I've ever seen 'good' and 'LCP' used in the same sentence .... :D

REV

Skidboot

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
Skidboot said:

That's the first time I've ever seen 'good' and 'LCP' used in the same sentence .... :D

REV
Right; what I meant to ask was whether the trigger in the newer model has a lower degree of horribleness. The answer is yes, scince I made the swap today. I can also see the front sight without using sight paint, which is nice.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Skidboot said:
revhigh said:
Skidboot said:

REV
Right; what I meant to ask was whether the trigger in the newer model has a lower degree of horribleness. .

LOL ! Was there really any other way to go ? Other than getting better ? :D

REV

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Skid is this improved trigger just on the lcp or is it on the lc9 as well have you heard? Seems logical they'd improve both.

My other question would be will they fit the new triggers in older guns if you sent them back to the factory for you?

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
My other question would be will they fit the new triggers in older guns if you sent them back to the factory for you?

I'd like to know the answers to that as well. The LCP I carry in my pocket has horrible trigger pull. It took four shots the other day to get a good bead on an Armadillo in Granny's garden. It seems like you wait for ever to hear the bang.

Skidboot

Single-Sixer
I never really had a real problem with the trigger on the older LCP. I shot it enough that I just got used to it. My main reason for getting the new one was that my wife had trouble with the amount of travel before the reset. I hope this solves that. I still have one of the older models as well, so I'll be able to do a comparison when I go to the range.

I haven't hearn anything about a new trigger in the LC9; seems like it would be a logical next step, but I don't know how much logic has to do with it. As for replacing the trigger in the older LCP, I'd just ask Ruger.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Skid....You sent me off to my gun shop, they have the new and improved LCP models in stock. You are right the trigger pull and the site set up is mo-gooder, much mo-gooder. They took the laser off the old model and gave me the new model for $99.00 different. The folks can laugh and say what wish it is a great little pocket gun to carry in your pants. I treat my just like my AMX card.....

Skidboot

Single-Sixer
JPGLSG said:
Skid....You sent me off to my gun shop, they have the new and improved LCP models in stock. You are right the trigger pull and the site set up is mo-gooder, much mo-gooder. They took the laser off the old model and gave me the new model for $99.00 different. The folks can laugh and say what wish it is a great little pocket gun to carry in your pants. I treat my just like my AMX card.....
Good for you! That's a good deal. The LCP is a favorite carry gun for me. It always works and conceals better than anything.

DonD

Single-Sixer
[/quote]It always works and conceals better than anything.[/quote]

It would be hard for me to comprehend someone saying the LCP isn't easily concealed.

For JPGLSG, glad you sent that ugly, prehistoric, parasite-ridden armadillo to it's final resting place. Gross. Don

toysoldier

Hunter
I was on a guided pheasant hunt (won at a Friends of the NRA dinner) when the dogs ahead of us went crazy. The guide ran ahead, then hollered at me to come up and shoot an armadillo. He could barely keep the two dogs off it. Not wanting to make a big mess, I pulled out my LCP and put it down with one shot. "I didn't know you had that" he said. "That's why they call it concealed carry" I replied. :)

Latest posts