Trade information

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hdrk1111

Bearcat
Hey guys I don't know if this is the right area for this question. It is regarding trade value. I have a single six in 32H&R magnum. It is vaquero style with case bluing and white grips in 4 5/8" barrel. It is from 2003 by serial number and new unfired in the box with all original paperwork. I don't collect I am a shooter. My buddy has a lipseys flat top BH in 357/9mm . It is shot but in really nice shape. He wants my single six for his collection and is offering a trade for the lipseys but says his is worth 200.00 plus my gun. Does this sound right ?

Thanks,
Bob

hdrk1111

Bearcat
Thanks chuck, I feel the same. If he wants this gun unfired and and box and paperwork and the extra Ruger gun rug it came with I will trade him straight across but I don't feel I should have to pay 200.00 on top of that, hell for that I'll just reload some 32mag and make it a shooter.
Thanks again,
Bob

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Your gun is still collectable, his is just one of thousands af similar shooters. To me that is a straight across trade at best with you perhaps offering to pay the transfer fees.

contender

Ruger Guru
Even trade or actually, he should offer you a little "boot." Your gun isn't as easily found now,, while his is used, AND still available.

Varminterror

Blackhawk
If it gives you any perspective on the value of your Single Six, I traded a pair of them just like yours, unfired, into a shop (aka not best value) towards an $800 bow, $150 rest, $200 sight, $120 stabilizer, an LCP, and an LC9. Not a cent traded hands. That was 2011ish. Not sure what they marked the revolvers at on the shelf later, but I know they gave me over $1500 value for them, whereas I had paid $275 for each of them only 6yrs prior.

street

Hunter
I sold, at a gunshow, a consecutive pair of those .32 Mag. New in the box for $1500.00. This was 4 or 5 years ago. Just saying!!! :wink: If he is a serious collector then he will pay what it is worth.

cas6969

Buckeye
He's probably right if you just went by the price when his was new vs the price when yours was new.

Of course prices went up in between the two so you can't go by those numbers alone.

No boot on that trade.

hdrk1111

Bearcat
Thanks guys,
I think I will just keep mine and go buy a lipseys flat top 357 convertible and just have both. I do have an old model BH in 357 that only gets fired every once in a while. So I am guessing I will just get a new model and not feel guilty about shooting the heck out of it. Thank you all agin for the advice it is appreciated.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
It boils down to this: How badly do you want his .357/9mm and how badly does he want you .32 H&R Magnum?

You can get a .357/9mm fairly easily, not so easily obtained is the old .32.

Bob Wright

woodperson

Single-Sixer
"Thanks guys,
I think I will just keep mine and go buy a lipseys flat top 357 convertible and just have both. I do have an old model BH in 357 that only gets fired every once in a while. So I am guessing I will just get a new model and not feel guilty about shooting the heck out of it. Thank you all agin for the advice it is appreciated."

Good decision!!!

Latest posts