Too many handguns?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tookalisten

Blackhawk
My wife brought home a china hutch and I said: "see, I have never paid that much for a gun"; her response was: "but, I only own ONE china hutch".
I knew I had been outsmarted, I just changed the subject and told her how much I loved the hutch.

Rescue 187

Bearcat
Fishslayer":2e4n6s8h said:
Rescue 187":2e4n6s8h said:
This condition has a medical term...Hangunitis. We in the biker world have a similar condition known as Chromitis...there is at this time no known cure.

I have had some success through counseling (wife) for the Chormitis affliction but I think the wife has some problems with Hangunitis herself. Neither one of us are seeking treatment for it.

I went through that chromitus thing in the 80's with my '78 Shovelhead. The wife was OK with it.

Then in the 90's I got sick of the whole "Rich Urban Biker" crap. When a chrome bit would wear out I'd wrinkle black it and bake it in the wife's oven.

She was NOT OK with THAT! 8)

Fishslyer...that's good point about "rich urban biker" crap :D I really don't have Chromitis but some of my riding buddies have it BAD!! :lol:

2ndamd

Bearcat
Russ7777":1zu6olkl said:
Scorpion":1zu6olkl said:
Everytime I buy a handgun I tell myself it will be the last one and that I won't buy any more. I go for a while and then think of a gun that I "just have to have." Am I the only one with this problem? I have some guns that I haven't even fired yet. It's getting hard to keep my wife from finding out. Seems I will have this affliction until the day I cash in.

P.S. While typing this I just thought of another gun that I'm surprised I've gone this long without.

Sounds like to me that too much guns is not the problem. The problem is not enough time to go out and shoot.:)

That's what I was thinking too.
The problem is that you don't shoot enough if you have unfired guns in your stable :)

Jeffrey1235

Bearcat
Too many guns? Dog gone y'all now you've done gone and alerted me to a problem I never new existed. See I ain't got a wife to keep me on the straight and narrow. (I left her a long time ago) I just thought that running by the gun shop and picking up another gun on the way to the grocery every week was normal. Shoot I might be a guna whatchicallit too . . .
I'll think about it after I go get that new rifle I been wantin' :shock:

RAMMAN4

Bearcat
You can never have too many guns. Since I finalized my divorce a few months back I've boughten more guns than in the last 10 years. Divorce has been pretty good to me, it's party time. Now I just wish I could afford the ammo so I could actually shoot them.

waldo1324

Bearcat
ive had my SR9 that i needed to buy to defend my family for about a month or so.
now, after the bug has bitten, i already have a list of guns that i *need*...for concealed carry, for large caliber home defence, oh and i have to have a shotgun, yah and a WWII rifle ........

Scorpion

Bearcat
Rugerowner":2lk096je said:
Guns and money...you can never have too much of either.

Except that if you have too much money you don't have enough guns! :lol:

A

Anonymous

96/44":1b3tm506 said:
If you compare the value of your guns vs. when you bought them, to your 401k returns, you will probably find out the guns have been a better investment. Sounds like sound financial planning to me. :lol:

I agree. Could have bought one of everything with the money my stock market "investments" went down last year. Goldman Sachs makes the LGS look as generous as Mother Theresa.

marine_dad

Bearcat
I subscribe to the old saying "He who dies with the most toys wins!" I may not win but I'm determined to at least place.

The only real problem is not having too many guns but having too little space in the gun safe.

roaddog28

Single-Sixer
I have owned up to fifteen handguns. Recently, I am selling down on my collection. After my latest gun sale, I will have four revolvers and four semi-autos. I have put away all my credit cards and don't carry much cash. Hopefully that will help me resist.

Regards,
roaddog28

Nickelboy

Bearcat
Too many handguns? I don't understand the question.........:roll:

pistols.JPG

Huh, I seem to be missing a couple. Need a new family photo!!

427mach1

Blackhawk
I seem to be missing a couple

With that many, how can you tell?? Is that a P94 hidden on the left hand side? One of my favorites, please make sure it is visible in the next family photo!

Bigfoot62

Bearcat
Scorpion":173rykge said:
Everytime I buy a handgun I tell myself it will be the last one and that I won't buy any more. I go for a while and then think of a gun that I "just have to have." Am I the only one with this problem? I have some guns that I haven't even fired yet. It's getting hard to keep my wife from finding out. Seems I will have this affliction until the day I cash in. . .
Yep, you're the only one. :lol:
Because I don't tell myself that "this will be the last one," and my wife knows about every one that I've bought. :wink:

usmcgunny0369

Bearcat
When I was a Sheriff's Deputy, one of my friends on the department would buy pistols/revolvers that he felt would be collectors pieces. He kept them in security boxes at the bank. I agree that firearms are good investments as the value will always go up. Never down. And like gold or silver, they seem to become more valuable when the economy is in the tubes.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
donw":1twv1tmz said:
i have all the handguns i can possibly "need" and then some.

i prefer rifles or semi-auto carbines.
I started out preferring long guns due to the wood, but now I'm just the opposite: My rifle needs are taken care of, but I find handguns are like candy. Always want to try something new, or fill a perceived hole in my "collection" (accumulation). The friend that got me started on this likely influenced my direction, as he was the same way.

And "+1" on the investment angle, too. I'm not talking about finding tomorrow's treasures today and making a killing, but quality guns in the safe tend to appreciate more in value than the .2% APR the banks are currently giving on "savings" accounts...

-- Sam