Too many handguns?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LightningMan

Bearcat
Scorpion":3stt1pgw said:
Am I the only one with this problem? .

Hello, my name is Steve and I'm a gun-a-oholic. There I admitted it, now that that's done, what pistol should I buy next? :lol:
Truth is; you can't have too many guns! LM

toolman

Bearcat
guns to me are like a art form everyone different shape lines calibers grips and ya can never get enough art so I guess what I,m saying is you can never have too many firearms but ya can allways have to few

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
toolman":21646iae said:
guns to me are like a art form everyone different shape lines calibers grips and ya can never get enough art so I guess what I,m saying is you can never have too many firearms but ya can allways have to few

I know what you are saying and agree:)
Also, motorcycles, cars, trucks, knives, audio, video, etc, etc
(no wonder the bank account is low, LOL!!!)

hornady

Bearcat
Three facts I learned Many years ago. One you will never have all the guns you want. And Two its best to Have enough too keep the wife unaware of how many you actually have. You never know when that stray is going to follow you home from the gun show. And three when the question comes. HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD THAT GUN. Your Answer is Oh I bought that years ago. I think I may have got that one before we even got married. And the quest continues.

Pernal

Bearcat
hornady":wiipnrqa said:
Three facts I learned Many years ago. One you will never have all the guns you want. And Two its best to Have enough too keep the wife unaware of how many you actually have. You never know when that stray is going to follow you home from the gun show. And three when the question comes. HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD THAT GUN. Your Answer is Oh I bought that years ago. I think I may have got that one before we even got married. And the quest continues.

Ireally like your way of thinking hornady. I am have to use some of that in the future. :lol:

Specs

Single-Sixer
I am truly blessed with a great wife. She not only knows when I buy a new gun, she often goes with me when I visit gunshops and private sellers. I have driven up to 160 miles round trip to just see an advertised gun listed online and she has gone on many of these trips with me.

I go out of my way to explain to her why I am interested in one gun or another, and she usualy asks " when you find this one, what will you be looking at next ?"

I should add that she collects stringed musical instruments and dolls. Most of our RVing has destinations based on her genealogy hobby, and we have literally been all over the country chasing her old ancestors. The idea is that we respect and enjoy our pursuits and want to help each other. Our hobbies have led us to many unusual places and often have held happy surprises for both of us. I often will research an historical destination to locate a gun shop, range, or private seller to tie in with a genealogy type of location such as obscure family cemeteries and old land grant areas.

pistolpete

Single-Sixer
I bought my first handgun a little over a year ago and several months later I had five more. I had an M&P, a glock, a gp 100, a taurus revolver, a Beretta 92, and a p95. I ended up selling all but the p95. I decided I didn't want to be a collector. Plus I couldn't afford to feed that many pistols. :D

Hamcan

Bearcat
Ok, well, I guess that I am not the only one. I was getting real worried about myself, but I feel better now!

tjironhorse

Single-Sixer
Ok, so I decided to actually count them. 87. I really didnt think I had that may. Sad thing is, I know I'm not done.
My name is Tom, and I'm a gunaholic.

TJ

Scorpion

Bearcat
tjironhorse":fqeoxcjo said:
Ok, so I decided to actually count them. 87. I really didnt think I had that may. Sad thing is, I know I'm not done.
My name is Tom, and I'm a gunaholic.

TJ

Tom, apparently you aren't a recovering gunaholic. :lol:

Rescue 187

Bearcat
This condition has a medical term...Hangunitis. We in the biker world have a similar condition known as Chromitis...there is at this time no known cure.

I have had some success through counseling (wife) for the Chormitis affliction but I think the wife has some problems with Hangunitis herself. Neither one of us are seeking treatment for it.

tjironhorse

Single-Sixer
Rescue 187":2vukz4lt said:
This condition has a medical term...Hangunitis. We in the biker world have a similar condition known as Chromitis...there is at this time no known cure.

I have had some success through counseling (wife) for the Chormitis affliction but I think the wife has some problems with Hangunitis herself. Neither one of us are seeking treatment for it.

Ah, its sad, but I too suffer from chromitis. My RoadKing is another of my addictions.
TJ

FED327

Bearcat
My only limitation is FIXED INCOME FROM RETIREMENT...I never thought the day would come when I would be happy with 2.5% intrest...lol

Ruger_rules

Bearcat
Everytime I buy a handgun I tell myself it will be the last one and that I won't buy any more.... It's getting hard to keep my wife from finding out...
Hmmm...

It sounds like you're certainly prepared for, say, a SHTF scenario, but I think you've really got your work cut out for you in the event of a WHTC (1) scenario.

Good Luck! LOL

(1) Wife Hits The Ceiling

Russ7777

Bearcat
Scorpion":1wbelex7 said:
Everytime I buy a handgun I tell myself it will be the last one and that I won't buy any more. I go for a while and then think of a gun that I "just have to have." Am I the only one with this problem? I have some guns that I haven't even fired yet. It's getting hard to keep my wife from finding out. Seems I will have this affliction until the day I cash in.

P.S. While typing this I just thought of another gun that I'm surprised I've gone this long without.

Sounds like to me that too much guns is not the problem. The problem is not enough time to go out and shoot.:)

slowpoke

Single-Sixer
I've been buying quite a few guns on line lately. My friend who is my recieving FFL only lets me pick up one per week to avoid some federal form. I still have 3 revolvers at his place waiting to be picked up, and I picked one up yesterday! As far as the wife goes, if she says anything about my spending habits I just tell her I save my spending money till I have enough to buy something of value. She, on the other hand spends money EVERY DAY. Lattes, lunch, (I brown bag it), snacks, a new outfit, shoes, shoes, shoes, tanning booth, Gym membership, etc, etc, etc.
We're blessed to make pretty decent wages, but I usually don't have a problem pointing out that she spends close to if not more than I do.
Too many guns? What's that? I don't have a gun problem. I see a gun I want, I buy it. No problem.

Fishslayer

Single-Sixer
Rescue 187":3jfc5obb said:

I went through that chromitus thing in the 80's with my '78 Shovelhead. The wife was OK with it.

Then in the 90's I got sick of the whole "Rich Urban Biker" crap. When a chrome bit would wear out I'd wrinkle black it and bake it in the wife's oven.

She was NOT OK with THAT! 8)

Latest posts