This is a first for me

Help Support Ruger Forum:

caryc

Hawkeye
I ordered something from Amazon yesterday about 7:30 AM. They actually delivered the item the same day. The driver had never been to my place before. He said that Amazon was hiring a lot more people. He complimented me on my five signs leading to my place once one gets on the dirt roads.

It's become a lot more convenient for me to order from Amazon than it is for me to drive like 25 minutes one way to town where I might not even find what I want. They are still building more of those gigantic warehouses in Moreno Valley about a half hours drive from me. Those things are huge and may house several businesses.

GLASSMAN

Blackhawk
My Prime deliveries run 1 day behind lately.
.Just received printer ink Monday that was ordered Saturday due
for delivery Sunday.
Still amazes me how they can get this stuff out so fast.
But hey, you figure out something like this and you can become the worlds riches guy,
Easy-peasy, right?😉

caryc

Hawkeye
As I said before, you can't beat Amazon for convenience.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Couple months ago I discovered that I had been fraudulently enrolled in Amazon Prime and had been charged for three months' service. Called their customer service, they checked it out and said they'd refund it via my credit card. They didn't. Called the CC company--Pen Fed, the bank running the NRA's credit cards now. They "investigated" and found the charges to be "legitimate" and wouldn't refund. Called Amazon Prime back and they now say I have to get my refund from the "bank," which of course has also refused. I didn't realize these companies were in such bad times that they'd fight this hard over $48. :mad:

caryc

Hawkeye
Couple months ago I discovered that I had been fraudulently enrolled in Amazon Prime and had been charged for three months' service. Called their customer service, they checked it out and said they'd refund it via my credit card. They didn't. Called the CC company--Pen Fed, the bank running the NRA's credit cards now. They "investigated" and found the charges to be "legitimate" and wouldn't refund. Called Amazon Prime back and they now say I have to get my refund from the "bank," which of course has also refused. I didn't realize these companies were in such bad times that they'd fight this hard over $48. :mad:
That's a good reason to check over your credit card statements every month to see what is listed as purchases. If you see one that you didn't make check it out right away.
So whose name is listed on the Amazon Prime account? Sounds like someone got hold of your credit card number so it may be time to cancel that card. Or just call them again and say your card was used fraudulently and request that it be canceled immediately and a new card sent to you right away.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Pen Fed doesn't send statements, unless you pay $5 extra a month. You can't pay by phone either without a service fee. You have to do everything online, and they don't make it easy to check out at all.

Only reason I discovered this was, I got a fraud notice from Pen Fed asking if three charges were legit. One was, two weren't. I contacted them and they cancelled the two fraud charges and cancelled the card and issued me a new one, which took almost 2 weeks to get to me, during which time I had no credit card at all, because I couldn't even get the new number on the net--had to wait for it to physically come. When I checked the new number (finally), found that they'd brought over a balance due from the old number which I couldn't identify. Finally tracked down that it had come from Amazon Prime. And to make it even more interesting, the first Amazon Prime charge was made two days after I had a stroke and went in the hospital for two months, with no internet access. That's why it took me over two months to discover the mess.

2022 hasn't been a good year for me. :(

caryc

Hawkeye
I get a paper statement from Pen Fed each month and they only charge $1 for it. I had another credit card that I didn't use much so they sold the account to Pen Fed. That's how I got this Pen Fed account. I make my payments to them with my B of A online account. I've had this Pen Fed card about 6 months with no problems. It's a Pen Fed Gold card.

Sorry about your stroke Snake. I hope things turn around for the better for you.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Spent an hour on the phone this morning with Amazon Prime (apparently based in India or Pakistan) trying to sort this out. Finally got the rep to tell me that the refund had NOT been put through on Jun 29, and she would try it again today; should be done in 3 to 5 bidness days. I'll give them till next Friday, and then try again. Hell, every retiree needs a hobby. :mad:

Latest posts