They're Coming for Me!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

redhawker

Buckeye
Well...I guess I should say goodbye to everyone. In the last three days we have received no less then eight calls from the "IRS" saying they were filing suit against us and that we need to call them back. I'm sure, since I've ignored these "official" calls, they they will be sending the "official officer" (which they threatened to do in a call last month) to take me away. Woe is me... Please write...(LMAO) Anybody else getting these calls so I'll know who to look for when I get to the IRS Headquarters?

Bear Paw Jack

Hawkeye
I had a friend go through the same thing, they wanted him to come into their office, and he said, NO. I've got a business to run. You want to talk to me, you come here. Last he heard from them. Bear in mind that is NOT legal advice. They have the edge when you are on their side of the field. Have your stuff together. Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh both recommend companies that help with this type of thing.

BucolicBuffalo

Single-Sixer
No IRS calls. But lots of offers to help me with my Windows computer. Don't think they will be much help with my Linux Mint OS.

SamV

Blackhawk
Scam big time! The real IRS sends letters. They do not call in the manner you report.
I have had similar threatening calls from IRS scam rings demanding payment for "mistakes" on my returns. In broken English, they let me know I was in big trouble unless I paid up immediately. I said "Yeah sure, I will get right on that", and hung up.

dbhunter

Bearcat
Tell 'em all the AR-15s and 870s are loaded, and the sons are here to fire them, so come on over.

redhawker

Buckeye
Yes, I know it's a scam. The first time they called, about a month ago, it was a live person and they wanted bank info or the "official officer" would be by tomorrow to arrest me. I told the guy, "Bring it." and he said (in a heavy accent) "what?" So I repeated "Bring it." and he hung up. No, "official officer" ever showed up. This recent series of calls has been a female robo-voice saying they were filing suit and I need to call them back. I suppose they'll ask for the bank info again if I were to call back, (which I'm not that stupid). They've probably figured out if someone's dumb enough to call back then they've got a live one on the hook instead of wasting a bunch of time cold-calling random numbers. I guess their random number generator for their robo-caller isn't too good as they keep calling me over and over.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

RH, just tell 'em duck season's a couple of weeks away and you don't have the money to pay 'em or the time to sit in the pokey!

Can we all sing to the tune of a favorite Monty Python routine? "Scam! Scam! Scam! Scam! Scam! Scam! Scam! Scam!":

IRS sends me e-mails now and then (I'm a subscriber cuz of my business) to warn of both e-mail and phone scams. In a nutshell, IRS will NOT contact you by e-mail unless you subscribe to notifications, or by phone UNLESS you're already working with them on your case and have given them permission to do so. Otherwise, if an initial contact didn't come courtesy of USPS, it's not for real.

FYI straight from the horse's mouth:

If you get a phone call from someone claiming to be from the IRS and asking for money, here’s what you should do:

If you know you owe taxes or think you might owe, call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. The IRS workers can help you with a payment issue.
If you know you don’t owe taxes or have no reason to believe that you do, report the incident to the TIGTA at 1-800-366-4484 or at http://www.tigta.gov.
If you’ve been targeted by this scam, also contact the Federal Trade Commission and use their “FTC Complaint Assistant” at FTC.gov. Please add "IRS Telephone Scam" to the comments of your complaint.

Remember, too, the IRS does not use email, text messages or any social media to discuss your personal tax issue involving bills or refunds. For more information on reporting tax scams, go to http://www.irs.gov and type “scam” in the search box.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/Phone-Scams-Continue-to-be-Serious-Threat-and-Remain-on-IRS-Dirty-Dozen-List-of-Tax-Scams-for-the-2015-Filing-Season

You can also go to the IRS YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y5z0kWgBcM for a short PSA.

Remember, too, if it sounds like Rajiv or his little sister from Mumbai on the other end, hang up! Just for giggles, here's a recording where the gal played along to a typical call: https://youtu.be/Jb9ilimPWyw Wanta bet that sounds just like one of the people bothering RH?

Rick C

finesse_r

Single-Sixer
Just send me all your money and I will keep it safe for you through your audit.

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
:shock: The IRS list this as one of the top ten scams going on. I am a CPA and I got three calls In one day one this scam. I laughed at them and they hung up. I have had many clients call me about this, it's been a rel pain in the butt. Just for the heck of it I returned one of the calls and the number had been disconnected.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
redhawker said:
Anybody else getting these calls so I'll know who to look for when I get to the IRS Headquarters?
That's one of the reasons I have all of my calls go to the answering machine.
It reminds them that my number is on the "do not call" list (not that it does
any good) and to not call back.

I've gotten four calls today that just hung up. :shock:

OH . . MY . . HEAVENS! Do you think I'm the next to go?! :roll:

:D

Ugly Hombre

Blackhawk
Yep its most a scam do a google search on it- rotten devils have been at it for a while. Punch in the number search- see what comes up.

longspurr

Single-Sixer
Do they speak in an American accent? As in American english is their first language? If they speak in a southern drawl then they really are here in the USA, you may not understand them well, but they are Americans.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Yeah, but I get calls out of New York saying they are holding a package for me and I need send money to transfer the inheritance.

I tell 'em to keep it. :D

snowman2

Bearcat
They tried on my elderly mom. I just happened to walk into the house when she was on the phone with them. She is hard of hearing so she passed the phone to me and I listened to their spiel. They said that they were from the irs and had a warrant for her arrest. I laughed at them and told them we don't have the IRS in Canada and was on the phone on the other line with the police fraud line. They seemed to have east Indian accents they sputtered for a bit then hung up. They never called back since.
Cheers Harv

Latest posts