They used to be everywhere!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

We have a pretty decent size show here in Boise. Maybe twice a year I get lucky and find a nice Ruger I want and at a price I am willing to pay. Today was one of those days. I have been working on a nice selection of .357 shooters and this one fits the bill. Made in 1975 it is an early NM with some very nice fitting stag grips. I am working on 2 blued guns, fitting them with Ronnie Wells brass grip frames. One with round trigger guard and one with square back trigger guard.

Nice gun, looks awesome, funny I picked up one today , same thing but a #33 prefix, and has a matching 9mm cylinder,,,as well as it is marked "Made in the 200 th Year Of American Liberty" in a red/white one piece box with a dated 1976 manual...... 8) :roll: :wink:

You got a nice gun; I didn't know the 200th came as a convertible as well. I hope it's not too perfect to shoot. Everything is good so far with my new purchase. I have to put a few rounds through it and make sure it shoots as good as it looks, the trigger could use some smoothing up. I love the size and feel of the stag grips, I think they are Sambar like the ones on my two Vaqueros.

contender

Ruger Guru
Nice gun!

And yes,, they USED to be everywhere. I'd go to a gun show,, and find some OM's to look at & try & decide if I wanted to buy any of them. Well, heck, it's not uncommon to go to a gun show now & not hardly find ANY good Ruger SA's.

I agree, it is slim picking these days. It seems everyone wants to buy another gun but also wants to keep everything they have. I find myself talking to table holders when I see any kind of Ruger on their table. Many times, they have one or more SA's at home and sometimes the conversation bears fruit.
I suppose that makes the day we find a nice gun to buy so special. :D

Nice gun!

And yes,, they USED to be everywhere. I'd go to a gun show,, and find some OM's to look at & try & decide if I wanted to buy any of them. Well, heck, it's not uncommon to go to a gun show now & not hardly find ANY good Ruger SA's.

Well… it has been a half-century since Ruger has made an "Old Model." 😳

They had to begin getting scarce, eventually!
😆

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
I got my first 3-screw Ruger, a 6.5" flattop .357 at a small local show in Bayard, New Mexico (I'll see if anyone knows where that is) back about 1981. I was already a Ruger single action fan but that started my love affair with the old model guns. I now have that old flattop back after having traded it to my wife's uncle many years ago.

Latest posts