The Red Label is back! Picture inside.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

shaffe48

Single-Sixer
Didn't see anything on the website. Any further info/evidence? Are they the same as before?

Looked for a used one for a while, but settled for one of the Franchi Instinct L 20 ga. Been a fine shotgun for me with a 7 year warranty. Others have had to use the warranty, however.

96/44

Blackhawk
I saw they were available to order yesterday. Not sure if they are "clean up" guns, or if they have been updated or put back into production full scale. It would be nice to have an American O/U option available again.

rangerbob

Buckeye
There are 3 different SKU's. all the same except for barrel length. at 26",28", and 30". Dealer cost is less than a grand($100 less to be exact). Haven't seen any in stock. Bob!!! 8)

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
The Ruger Red Label shotgun is back in production! Just re-introduced today. Best of all, it is still made in the USA, but will sell for well under its MSRP of $1399 US. We will have a full review and video posted later tonight on Gunblast.com.

1008815_596905833706431_318720564_o.jpg

shaffe48

Single-Sixer
I didn't see the category on their site yesterday so either I didn't see it our they just updated.

Based on the price point, they can't be the same gun somehow.

Only 12 ga....

montegomx70

Single-Sixer
that is good news, i love my old 20 gauge red label, i would like to see them bring it out with a blue reciever available.

egl52

Single-Sixer
I'm happy to see it back in production. The new case looks very nice. The recoil pad is an improvement. Otherwise the only differences I can see are that they left off the side ribs between the barrels on the 26" and 28" barrel versions (which already weren't there on the old sporting clays models), and that the receiver appears to have a bit more of an angle at the rear of the action. Jeff's article says there were some internal changes too I guess.

I think the price point they're hitting is fantastic. I don't think any other over-under at that price can compare. I just wish they'd have done more to lighten it up though. 7 pounds 10 ounces is still on the heavy side for a field gun, though not unreasonable for a 12 gauge. I also hope they bring back the 20 and 28 gauges soon, but if they do, the 20 had better be a full pound lighter than it was before. The 28 gauge was already perfect.

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
Glory - Glory - Hallelujah!
I will be the first in line when the 20 Gauge hits the shelf.

I am hoping that the Gold Label will soon follow!!!!

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
As stated in the review and video, they are shipping now, in stock at dealers now. Also, as shown in the video, it comes with 5 chokes, and a great case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6MKL3GcWrc

Jeff

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
Glad to see them.
Now, if they would just take those barrels, turn them 90 degrees, make them 20 gauge, and call it a "Gold Label" I would be in HEAVEN!