The new rumored Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

EDK

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73":29bcrzkv said:
DennisE":29bcrzkv said:
I'm hoping for a SS Bisley with a 5.5" barrel in .44 magnum! Dennis

Ahh, you missed those by a few years. ;)

Around $600 on gunbroker...auctionarms...gunsamerica. Keep your eyes open and your wallet handy.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Gary in Pennsylvania":35k5ya5q said:
OK - When will said 'rumored' Ruger be announced??

Already announced we just don't know what it'll be yet. :) I think Michael Bane said Jan 4th.

sixshot

Buckeye
This one has really got blackhawk73 going, I'll bet he doesn't sleep until the 4th of January! :cry:
I'm guessing a 327 but its just a guess. My preference, a 5 shot 480 Bisley.

Dick

BlkHawk73

Hunter
sixshot":t5v33o4h said:
This one has really got blackhawk73 going, I'll bet he doesn't sleep until the 4th of January! :cry:

Dick

It shows that much? :lol: Even begging and pleading to Mr Bane didn't help. (I'm kidding, I didn't grovel)
Just knowing there's a new sing;e action Ruger that he was that excited about has me equally excited. I've got wants for what it is but not holding my breath on most. I do know if it's an adjustable sight Bisley, regardless of chambering, I'll probably buy it. :)
You CAN bet that on 1/4/10, I'll be checking sites all day at work to see what it is. Poor iPhone is gonna get a work out that day. :lol:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Lloyd Smale":1dnr1k71 said:
maybe its finally the 480 bisley that everyone screamed for for years!!! make mine a 4 5/8s blued one please!

Told by the same rep I spoke with about the 1911 (a "Not at this time"), and the 5-shots (a pretty firm "No") that the .480 was a dead soldier too.

rugerlovah

Single-Sixer
how about a CHEAPER single six? somehow they have jumped up to around $400-500 for a new bare-bones version.

i would also like to see a DA .22 revolver. 4" or 6" barrel. not mostly plastic like the LCR. but i seriously doubt that's it ...

lfpiii

Blackhawk
What is the mystery gun? First I will tell you what I think it is not.

Not a 1911. Cost very high to tool up production for a new design. Ruger missed getting into the law enforcement market. 2010 Shot Show 3 more companies are introducing 1911s. They could make money but not a great amount.

Not a double action revolver unless it is on the new plastic frame. Ruger gave up the concealed carry market to S&W long ago. SP-101s are great guns but too heavy. Ruger could take the market back if they re introduced the Speed / Service Six again in 2-1/2 and 3 inch. I do not see that happening.

Not a large frame-hunting gun. S&W and Thompson control the market. Need I say more?

I think it will either be a 327 on the new flattop frame or a New Vaquero 44 special. Taurus has left the market place and Beretta's are expensive. Far less tooling and parts are required to make these two guns than anything else in the Ruger lineup. The 44 can be made with only 4 new parts while the 327 would only take 6 new parts.

Now if Ruger was smart they would introduce a leaver action 357 mag or 45 LC rifle or may be a double barrel shotgun for cowboy action.

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
It's a 5 shot Hunter built on a stainless maxi frame chambered in the new .464 Ruger Deathblow. Also handles .460 S&W, .454 Casull, and .45 Colt. Both Bisley or plow handles and will be rollmarked New Model Super-Duper Blackhawk. 8)

dougader

Hunter
sixshot":11istzxd said:
Dick

As much as I'd love to see a single six in 327 federal mag, I'd go nuts over a 5-shot 480 Ruger in a stainless 5.5" Bisley.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
wetidlerjr":1cg45rdr said:
I want a polymer 5 shot 22 mag Single Six Bisley with a DA similar to the old Colt Thunderer or Lightning. :wink:

SHhhhh.. It's a secret! Now everyone will be clamoring for it. :roll:

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
You know, the 5.5 Stainless Bisley in 44 Mag has never made sense that it was not a cataloged gun and I have been surprised that Williams or someone else has not done several more runs of these. I would be least surprised to see a 44 SS Bisley Blackhawk as that would be so easy for Ruger to do. Hell, perhaps they might catalog all the cartridges that we have been buying?

The 454 Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter is the gun I most lust after but if a midframe version of the hunter was introduced in 327 I think I would like that a varmint gun and plinker and might even make for a future addition of a 357 Hunter - yea I am obsessed with those Hunters.

We will see.

Latest posts