The new rumored Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
Two single actions that I would be interested in having.

A Super Blackhawk in 480 Ruger, and a Single Six in 327 Federal (Not interested in a full sized blackhawk in 327).

Charlie

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
mattsbox99":fbiqm1h1 said:
That is one thing that it will be, CA/MA compliant.

Well, as neither Ca or Ma require internal locks, it would not need one.

From what I understand, an internal lock does not meet Ca laws, and the handgun still has to be sold with a trigger lock.

Charlie

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
psyclone66":2xr02cvj said:
It's a 5 shot Hunter built on a stainless maxi frame chambered in the new .464 Ruger Deathblow. Also handles .460 S&W, .454 Casull, and .45 Colt. Both Bisley or plow handles and will be rollmarked New Model Super-Duper Blackhawk. 8)

:lol: I love it! I'd love to see that even if it was a joke!

WARD

Single-Sixer
I don't think it will be a 45 Colt Flat Top - it's just not that much different from the New Model Black Hawk 45 Colt that's already out there. If they offer the Flat Top in 45 Colt it will likely be subjected to more of the heavy loads than that of it's sister the New Vaquero which is primarily a CAS tool.

Since they have already announced the new Lipsey's stainless 44 Flat Top, it would seem unlikely to me that they would go with another 44 Sp via the New Vaquero. I would however like to say that should they decide to do this as a convertible with the 44 Sp/44-40 as the combination that I would be laying the cash down and quickly! Or maybe it is simply the New Vaquero or Flat Top in 44-40 which would also be a lot of fun!

That leaves the 327/32-20 in the Flat Top as the likely winner in my estimation. Now weather that is true or just wishful thinking I don't know. I have been having a lot of fun with my Ruger and Marlin 32 H&R's and would likely find some money to go with the 327/32-20 combination too. I believe there exists a large number of 32-20 fans and that would add to the appeal of this new revolver.

What would I really like? A Flat Top 5 1/2" in 38-40. This seems to be one I "need." But I doubt it has even been considered.......

What ever the case it offers up a lot of fun thoughts......

Ward

squint

Bearcat
Can't see a .45 Flat Top eh? Maybe you're right but I never thought I would see a .44 Sp Flat Top either... for pretty much the same argument. We all know how popular it is to hotrod the .44 Special. From reading the forums it seems hardly anyone uses factory level roads. Course there is a bit more safety margin with the .44...

Actually, I could see a .44 New Vaquero, especially as a .44 Sp/44-40 convertible. That ought to be pretty popular with the cowboy crowd. And, of course, sales is what it is all about.

I don't have any facts/figures but don't think the .327 has been popular enough to prompt a new model. I know some people love it but don't think it sells like the big bores. Just my opinion of course.

I'm still holding out for the .45 Flat Top. Too much to hope for but wouldn't a convertible be nice...

Aint it fun to fantasize...

edlmann

Blackhawk
WARD":2gcly05j said:
That leaves the 327/32-20 in the Flat Top as the likely winner in my estimation. Now weather that is true or just wishful thinking I don't know. I have been having a lot of fun with my Ruger and Marlin 32 H&R's and would likely find some money to go with the 327/32-20 combination too. I believe there exists a large number of 32-20 fans and that would add to the appeal of this new revolver.

Yes.

Yes, Yes, Yes!

JimMarch1

Blackhawk
That leaves the 327/32-20 in the Flat Top as the likely winner in my estimation.

In the medium SA frame that could easily be a seven-shot, possibly eight. In the large frame eight shots would be easy and *maybe* nine?

:)

gak

Buckeye
+1 to Squint and the .44 New Vaquero. There are a lot of us "traditional" fixed-sight/smooth-profile fans out there, not just formal CASers. I think it's a no-brainer and coming--maybe not this current/specific speculation but it'll be here..My pronlem is I Iike the FTs (and standard BHs) too and want both.(Still prefer the Vaqueros/NVs) Ruger's accommodated on the FT, so--dang--no excuses anymore "cept for $ now!

M'BOGO

Buckeye
Maybe the reason it's so hard to find .327 ammo, is there has only been one pistol chambered for it? Hopefully there will be two, I've always wanted to play with my fater-in-law's, been in the family since new, first generation SAA. But never had the gumption, plus it kinda sickens me to look at it. But the convertable flattop...

A 38-40 / 10MM / 40 S&W would be nice too.....

Single-Sixer
Ummn, there's been several .327's produced. Ruger has the SP-101, Smith has their J frame, Charter Arms has a couple different barrel length offerings and USFA even has one. Seems pretty popular to me.

gak

Buckeye
Don't forget Taurus...and USFA actually has two, the Sparrowhawk and recently their "regular" Single Action (SAA clone) as a .32-20/.327 convertible that is currently the subject of a limited run.

M'BOGO

Buckeye
461":25vxvecz said:
Ummn, there's been several .327's produced. Ruger has the SP-101, Smith has their J frame, Charter Arms has a couple different barrel length offerings and USFA even has one. Seems pretty popular to me.

You're right, I was thinking of the SP-101. The thing that makes me wonder is that I referenced the U.S. Firarms model a few days ago? Can I blame it on my blood sugar?

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
I am ready to place my final bet... I am betting this is going to be a Stainless 357 Mag Flattop Blackhawk in the new midsided frame. I don't see enough demand for them to make the 44 or ever 41 a standard offering but the flattop in the slightly smaller frame does offer something unique and is safe for all loads.

Perhaps later we will see the 44 Specials and I pray we will also see a 45 Colt or at least a 41 Mag version as a distributor exclusive but I will bet the initial offering will be 357 Mag. Hell, I might just need to buy one myself if they offer it in a 5.5-inch barrel as a lighter mid-sized stainless Blackhawk would make a great plinker as well as packing gun.

The 454 Hunter is a long shot, the 327 is too small of a market, the 44 Specials or 32-20 is just niche market, but a 357 stainless midsize blackhawk.... that is just full of win with the potential for lots of new variations as distributor excusives or future line extensions!

So, my final bet is in, see you all on Jan 4th!

WARD

Single-Sixer
You may be right but look at how the first issue of these new flat tops in 357 have languished on the shelves......

Ward

gak

Buckeye
OTOH...And look how 1) Ruger has "already" made the blued .44 FT a standard production offering for 2010 following the Lipseys run and now 2) there is a Lipseys run of Stainless 44 Sp FT. Doesn't sound "just niche" to me. Might say "formerly niche" waiting to bust out. Also, as one poster indicated, if the ammo manufacturer would get off their keester on the .327 and we saw a little (?) more airplay on the round "that really could" (the H&R being the "round that could" :)) -- we'd see a lot more .327 action...both from Ruger on the SA front as well as more S&Ws, etc.

Later ED. ...I would agree that a discreet .32-20 offering likely does not have market, but any mid-frame SA .327 application would beg to be marketed with a .32-20 convertible cylinder anyway, just as a .44 Special NV would with an extra .44-40 cylinder (.429 bore aside, it is at least a way for the '40 afficianados to have "something" new from Ruger). That said, a "discreet" .327 Single Six is a no brainer regardless.