The .45 Colt still lives... but the buck doesn't

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tacklebury

Single-Sixer
My first handgun only kill. I put one through his heart and both lungs. Pretty neat to see a nickel size hole straight through the heart when you get to it. hehe Anyway, I hit him broadside, then as he ran I hit him in his left rear leg also with my follow-up. He ran 30 yards and dropped on our fence line. Best buck yet for me off my families 80 acre farm. Unfortunately, pics were just with my camera phone, so not the best. Should have taken the good camera along. Shot him with my reloads using 240 gr. Sierra Sportsmaster HP and 10 gr. Unique. Turned the lungs to jelly and had full penetration and exit. 8)

Opening_Day_6_Point_01.jpg
Opening_Day_6_Point_02.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Congrats on a handgun deer! It's a heck of a great feeling isn't it! ANd,, the excitement never goes away,, you just want to do it again!

RichK

Bearcat
Well done, my friend. I remember my first deer with a handgun, a big doe with a 44 Magnum. Spined her and she dropped in her tracks, literally. best meals I have ever eaten, other than mama's cooking.

Merlin1274

Bearcat
Man that is awesome. That alone is the reason I bought mine.. Besides the fact it has a .45acp cylinder..