Summer cruisin', time to show your rides!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Jim, there are bada** Camaro's all over N.W. Florida. Mustangs too. Talkin' about the wheel standing kind! Plus the average, everyday Camaro's and Mustangs. Plenty of Rock Crawlin' Jeeps and the everyday Jeeps, only they are usually used in the mud around here :lol: Plenty of gorgeous Harley's, especially around Panama City. Does my heart good to see a real hotrod/streetrod of the 1948 and earlier vintage! I've been trying all afternoon to figure out how to use Photobucket. Been ages since I used it! I want to show our original steel 1934 Chevy Standard Coupe Streetrod. I have the pics but can't get them into Photobucket :( Will keep working at it!

By the way, please please feel free to show more of those vintage aircraft! Love em!

Well C D I think you have known me long enough to know that I was just pushing your leg :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Glad you like the old plane stuff. Always a little concerned about posting Planes on a gun forum.
Now if we could just talk Lee into putting a Flat Head in that ride. WOW :wink:
Thanks,
Jim

Lee Martin

Hunter
Wyandot Jim said:
Now if we could just talk Lee into putting a Flat Head in that ride. WOW :wink:
Thanks,
Jim

Flatheads are neat motors Jim. I built my first hod-rod as a teen with dad. It had a 'hopped' 8BA and she ran strong for only 239 CID.

On this '33 I wanted big torque and chose a Buick nailhead.

It's a 401 bored 0.060". The heads were shaved and I had custom forged pistons made. Compression is a little over 12:1 so it takes more than pump gas. Two quads, straight linkage, and a really 'big' Schneider cam build a lot of power. The car weighs 2,300 pounds and it'll fly.

Here's a shot of the interior:

As you can see it has a clutch. The tranny is a Borg Warner Super T-10 in front of a 9" Ford rear (3.89 cogs w/locker).

Lee Martin

Hunter
I should add my other toy is a tube chassis '64 Chevy II:

It has a 540 BBC on two stages. But this winter that gets swapped for a 632 (and the two stages stay)

jsh

Single-Sixer
Lee, very nice deuce. I had a 64' SS and a 67'SS. I hate thinking about them. I ran small blocks then. 64 had a 5 speed lenco Brodex heads alcohol injected.
Your flame scheme reminds me of my 67, only yellow. I ruined that one. Tube framed, launched it hard and had heavy hook up. 727 clutch flite, aka clutch auto no torque converter. .125 over and stroked 350 grumpy heads. I forget what it dynoed.
I have to leave these types of toys alone anymore. I don't bounce as well as I used to and the cops have no better sense of humor today than they did then.
Jeff

Poco Oso

Buckeye
That's two beautiful rides there, Lee! What you running in the ChevyII? You never outgrow that "need for speed". :mrgreen:
Edit: Just noticed the info under the picture.

Whaler

Bearcat
My 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek.

XV.jpg

NorEaster

Blackhawk
My summer ride... and now getting to be time to put it up for the winter... ugh
IMG_0059_zps48e2bd1e.jpg

IMG_0054_zpsa67ea913.jpg

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
That is a very cool Cafe bike(If I may call it that). Reminds me of a couple Triumph bikes my buddy's dad had back in California all minty liek yours. Cool backdrop with the brick and the curb colors, too.

oldrodder

Bearcat
I feel safe posting a pic of my hot rod as one is gracing these pages!!

All steel, owner built, 1934 Ford 5 window coupe. '95 LT-1 power with a 4L60 tranny and a 9" Ford rear. Mustang II Suspension with power steering and power disc brakes. It's an old man's rod, so it has power windows and heat/air/defrost, as I live in Northern Ontario.

I'm also addicted to motorcycles!!

1986 Harley FLST Softail.

1997 Harley FLSTS Heritage Springer.

A few years ago, I added the Liberty sidecar, for when I get too old to ride two wheels!

bogus bill

Hunter
Don`t look like much but it`s a lot of fun. Our 2012 Polaris RZR XP 900. I am into riding and not much polishing.

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
Glad to see there are some really neat Hotrods out there in Rugerland! Here are two of my rides - 93 Mustang LX 5.0, 5 speed. White leather interior. Calypso Coral color is rare - only 461 convert LX's made. The other is a 97 Ford F250, 4.6 auto. Nice daily driver.

From the original sales brochure. It happens to be an exact match to my '78 LTD II Sports Touring edition.

Darned good thing that gas is finally under $3.00 here in SoCal. That big ole V-8 tends to drink heavily when my right foot hits the floor. :mrgreen:

bogus bill

Hunter
My 64 Hog

My 63 Hog

My 69 Hog

This one almost got me.

A new paint job on my 69

This might be the start of my life career, a guard. Our 36 ford coupe.

bogus bill

Hunter
NorEaster; I like your Enfield! Through the years I had three of em. First was a 1958 Indian Enfield. It was a 700cc twin. It was built for Indian and probably was one of the very last imported for the Indian name here. Then I had a 1965 750 Interceptor. Also later a about 1970 basket case Interceptor that I sold and let someone else restore. Also had a 1957 Triumph T-110, a 1965 Norton Commando, 1969 Moto Guzzi 700cc, started out with a 1946 Whizzer and a old Check. Probably another 4 or 5 other bikes. I had 3 accidents that should have killed me.