Stopping Production

Help Support Ruger Forum:

caryc

Hawkeye
Anyone notice the commercials for new products lately? They're on a new kick now. They say you better order right now or they'll be gone. Due to rising production costs and problems getting production supplies they are shutting down production right now.

Saw one such commercial a while back and now I've seen three more for different products. The thing is that these are new products just being advertised now and they are SHUTTING DOWN PRODUCTION !! How stupid do they really think we are?

buckaroo

Single-Sixer
There're operating on shoe-shring budgets and are what we use to call 'fly-by-nights' Stay away from them, they won't be around if you ever need warranty work or parts. Working from a kitchen table or a shared office with a travel agency.

I'm waiting on old Mike to finally run out of his slippers and sheets for the very last time before I order to get the best price. I do think those little spinney flashing lights are pretty neat, but I guess they are all out of stock and no further production haven't seen that commercial in a while.

caryc

Hawkeye
Well, here comes another one I just saw tonight. "Space Triangles" It's the first time I've seen this commercial but they are shutting down production right now. This is one of those miracle closet hanger gimmicks.

I guess everybody is getting in on this act. Pretty soon nobody will be producing anything. They'll just be selling them. I guess it's turning into the newest fad.

I also like all those vitamin supplement commercials. It's the first time I've seen it on the air but they are talking about their customers that have been using the stuff for 10 years. Yeah, right ! If it's been around so long how come this is the first time it's advertised on TV?

The A Team

Bearcat
That is how things have operated in niche markets for awhile now. Buy now or never find it again. Batch production is the current production model.

Model train forums have many threads complaining about this.

nvbirdman

Blackhawk
If they're shutting down production, then if anything goes wrong I won't be able to get spare parts, so I don't think I will order one of those. Whatever they are.
I bought a lawnmower once and two weeks later got an offer for an extended warranty. I wrote back and said if I had known they had so little faith in their product I would have shopped elsewhere.

eveled

Hunter
Pocket fisherman came back about 10 years ago. Saw them in my local hardware store. Then found them cheaper on Amazon.

Bought them for my kids when they were little. Cut down on a lot of tangles. Great for ice fishing too.

Just checked still available.

I think what Cary is talking about are things that are new that are shut down already. I think this is from short production runs in factorys that make more than one thing.

Sound familiar? Oh wait same thing Ruger does. Nothing new.

black1970

Single-Sixer
Just read where one of the largest furniture manufacturing companies laid off 2700 workers. Mostly in North Mississippi. I think they know what is coming with the housing market.

ronto

Single-Sixer
Used car salesmen and real estate agents use this sales technique all the time, you better buy it now because there are other people expressing interest and it will be gone soon.

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
Guess I'm just old fashioned. I don't buy anything unless the need for that item arises. Then I go to the store and buy that item. And lately, pay cash for it.

Bob Wright
Bob, I think that has more to do with how we are raised. My parents were depression kids. They past on frugality. Makes us harder to swindle if we remember those childhood lessons.

eveled

Hunter
Guess I'm just old fashioned. I don't buy anything unless the need for that item arises. Then I go to the store and buy that item. And lately, pay cash for it.

Bob Wright
You never went without? Waiting for a sale or discount?

Chief 101

Hunter

Bob Wright
I get it Bob, although my issue is finding what I am looking for since I know now my way around the stores...but once I find what I am looking for it's a b-line out!

I'm getting real close to 70 and I really think hard when I see something I might want to get. "Do I really NEED it, or is it just something I WANT" and that even goes with firearms. If it's a Ruger that will fill a hole in my Six series collection I'd probably get it but if it's something that I would like but might never shoot, why spend the money?

Although I did recently handle a birds head grip Wrangler and really liked it. Hmmm? I do have a fledgling collection of Ruger single actions (17 to date), maybe?? a birds head grip .45?? o_O

But back to the original post - I see this a lot on Facebook - posts that say "It looks like we might have to stop selling these (insert whatever) andclose up shop because of the economy, supply chain, etc., etc., etc. But you see them every few weeks/monthly selling the same thing. I remember on ad about these fancy whirlly things that are pretty neat and last year they said they were closing down so buy now. I saw the same ad last wee.

caryc

Hawkeye
I'm getting real close to 70 and I really think hard when I see something I might want to get. "Do I really NEED it, or is it just something I WANT" and that even goes with firearms. If it's a Ruger that will fill a hole in my Six series collection I'd probably get it but if it's something that I would like but might never shoot, why spend the money?

Although I did recently handle a birds head grip Wrangler and really liked it. Hmmm? I do have a fledgling collection of Ruger single actions (17 to date), maybe?? a birds head grip .45?? o_O

But back to the original post - I see this a lot on Facebook - posts that say "It looks like we might have to stop selling these (insert whatever) andclose up shop because of the economy, supply chain, etc., etc., etc. But you see them every few weeks/monthly selling the same thing. I remember on ad about these fancy whirlly things that are pretty neat and last year they said they were closing down so buy now. I saw the same ad last wee.

Paul B

Buckeye
I haven't watched TV in over ten years now. Have I missed out on something? My late wife and I were getting tires of being lied to so when the cable company took away our favorite channel I pulled all their gear and tookik it back to them. Told them they were fired in very unpleasant language in a very loud tone. We were told we could have our favorite channel back if we went to the next higher priced program. I call that blackmail. For anyone intersted, it was TCM, Turner Classic Movies. We really enjoyed the old silent movies that ran on Sunday night.
Paul B.

I guess I pulled that sales pitch on a customer a few years back.. told them they needed a new stove and better get one before the government either outlawed them or regulated them to such and extreme they really would not work.. which is just around the corner... the only way to get the new ones to work is catalytic and in a controlled laboratory... not even close to the real world.