started carrying the P90

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dagus

Bearcat
The LCP slide is out with Kentucky Gun Coatings for some Cerakote, and I feel completely naked without it...

I have a big pancake holster that came with my P90, so I've started wearing that IWB. Wow, that's a big heavy gun!! Sitting while wearing it SUCKS. I picked up a Gazelle OWB holster for it on eBay, we'll see if that's any better.

Good news is, even though it's kind of a boat anchor, I don't have any trouble concealing it under a blazer!

welder

Buckeye
Been carrying mine for a couple weeks just to change up a little. Wearing a jacket most days now so concealment is no problem. It is a big reliable comforting gun.

dagus

Bearcat
welder said:
It is a big reliable comforting gun.

There is DEFINITELY a difference there, mentally, between carrying my usual .380 and carrying a whopping .45... it really is a big reliable comforting gun, for sure!

Clovishound

Blackhawk
What's a jacket?

I think the closest thing I have is a long sleeved shirt. I may have two of those, although the other one is so old, I doubt it's wearable.

Seriously, in my area, it will be a few more weeks to a month or more, before we can start wearing jackets. Even in the middle of winter, there are lots of days when a jacket is just too much.

Still, my SR9c conceals fine with an IWB holster and a button up short sleeve shirt on top. A little warm compared to my normal tee in really hot weather, but doable. Been thinking about getting an oversized, longer tee to try out for a cover. Covering up this time of year is definitely more comfortable than in August.

dagus

Bearcat
I'm a slim guy, so concealed carry is a PITA for me. I look ridiculous in loose clothes, so if I'm not careful, I print really badly. What's worse, I wear suits to work (self employed, thank God, so at least I can carry!). I can't really wear my shirts untucked, in a suit. The LCP lives in different spots depending on what suit jacket I'm wearing... OWB under a suit jacket, or in the inside pocket in a flat DeSantis holster. I prefer IWB with an untucked shirt, but I can't always do that. I picked up a Bianchi shoulder rig for the LCP off eBay recently... that thing's just sweet. The elastic's a little stretched out, though; I have to replace it. But I had a Galco for my old J frame, and loved it to death.

With the P90, OWB is my only option. I can't wait for the new holster to arrive. The IWB pancake holster it came with actually hurts my back!!

The good news is, it's getting cold up here in CT. Makes concealing this big brick a realistic option. No way I could do it in the summer.

cluznar

Bearcat
I usually wear one of my carry guns IWB. If I'm not gonna be gone long sometimes I just grab my Kel-Tec P-32 for the pocket.

Ruger SR9c
Bersa Thunder .32
Bersa Thunder .380
Kel Tec P-32

P90

Single-Sixer
I had carried my P90 for years IWB year around. Two months ago, I broke my right arm right above the wrist. I didn't have any left handed holsters, so I bought one for my S&W airweight 38. I didn't like carrying it, and last week, when they took the cast off, I started carrying the P90 again. I don't feel dressed without it. :)

PS A right handed person, having to do everything left handed, is a whole new experience that I hope I don't have to do again.

BrittB

Single-Sixer
I know someone who broke both their wrist, you really find out who your friends are!

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
It all depends on one's physical build and their normal mode of dress. A KP90DC has been my constant companion for perhaps 5 years. Left handed iwb. Occasionally a 3" stainless GP100 in a pancake. I walk with a cane and am sometimes in a wheelchair. Have been known to also drop a CZ 70 32acp in my pocket.

P90

Single-Sixer
Colonel Daddy said:
It all depends on one's physical build and their normal mode of dress. A KP90DC has been my constant companion for perhaps 5 years. Left handed iwb. Occasionally a 3" stainless GP100 in a pancake. I walk with a cane and am sometimes in a wheelchair. Have been known to also drop a CZ 70 32acp in my pocket.
I use a Cane all the time, if I'm going to be out in the Public. I can walk without one, but a Cane is mighty comforting sometimes. If you are in close quarters in a crowd, you can't tell what people are thinking, and there are a of odd acting people. Just because you are suspicious of someone, you can't pull a gun on them. You can have a good cane ready to use if necessary, and no one thinks anything about it.

dagus

Bearcat
That's a great idea, Calvin! At 33, I wish I could get away with that!

chefrob1

Single-Sixer
P90 said:
dagus said:
That's a great idea, Calvin! At 33, I wish I could get away with that!
Practice on a limp. :)
brilliant.....

i rarely bother to conceal my p90 as i am more round than tall. if i do i use a fanny pack(i don't have any fashion sense anyways) and in the winter i just use a shoulder harness.