Stainless steel media for cleaning

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ka6otm

Blackhawk
It always amazes me what people will go through to get their cases looking like new.

I do it the old fashioned way, ½ corn cob and ½ walnut and a capful of NuFinish plus two old dryer sheets.

They're clean but by no means do they look new.

The Extreme Reble 17 tumbled came in this morning. Amazon works with USPS and yes, they do deliver on Sunday!

It is made in China but looks to be well built. I put it together and just added some 38's and 9mm. All previously cleaned by my vibrating cleaner and walnut shells with liquid car wax. Which by the way I've never gotten clean primer pockets with the walnut media.

So brass, stainless steel pins together with lemi-shine and dish soap.

It's running right now, and I'm immediately impressed. It's much quieter than a vibrating cleaner. About by half as quiet.

I'll know in 3 to 4 hours if it works or not. I'm optimistic...

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Yup . Some folks dont care if their brass is dingy as long as it shoots but not me.
I have always enjoyed when I could load some new brass and with wet tumbling that look is everytime now. Enjoy your new tumbling system !

cleardatum

Single-Sixer
i love my pin tumbler. inside and out, including primer pockets- spotless. all i use is dish soap. a couple of drops. i don't add any sort of acid (that may be due to the water where i live- low in temporary hardness. perfect for brewing beer, and cleaning cases, apparently).

Latest posts