Stainless Flat top 44 spl. ????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Saw one at the LGS today and was impressed. Does not take much , I'm a sap for single actions. Anyway I guess this was under my radar so some info is needed.
It was a stainless flat top 44 spl. and looked to be 4 5/8" with black plastic grips . Looked unfired. Is this a cataloged item or a Lipsey's /Talo thing, current or discontinued. If discontinued what was their timeframe ? Are these on the smaller frame? O , so many questions
I have a couple of blue 44 spl. but stainless would make a great addition.
I know nothing about this issue so tell me anything you can if you please.

JCW64

Single-Sixer
Talo originally had 1000 made around 2010 if I recall, and about 5-6 months ago Davidson's had some for sale although I don't think Talo was involved in these.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Sir,
When you go back to look at it, if the serial number is 520-22036 or 520-22048 and you decide not to buy it please let me know.
I'll make it worth your time.
Thanks & Good Luck!
Terry

Rodfac

Blackhawk
Yep... here's mine...with my own grips on it. A great carry gun for those with a soft spot for single actions. Flat top, 4-5/8" bbl., SS construction for ease of mx, Micro sights, and...ta da...A TRUE .44 SPECIAL!!!!. What's not to like? Best regards, and buy it before some collector locks it up in a safe.....Rod

Rclark

Hunter
Yes... Lipsey's was selling .357 convertible flattops both blued and stainless just recently. I have the blued as I prefer it over SS.

Rodfac said:
Yep... here's mine...with my own grips on it. A great carry gun for those with a soft spot for single actions. Flat top, 4-5/8" bbl., SS construction for ease of mx, Micro sights, and...ta da...A TRUE .44 SPECIAL!!!!. What's not to like? Best regards, and buy it before some collector locks it up in a safe.....Rod

I've got one of these (I haven't shot) but it doesn't have the nice grips like that. Tell me about them.

princeout

Blackhawk
Rclark said:
Mine is still unfired.
That's just wrong... In my books :) .

Generally, I agree with you! I got this to use as a bribe to try and get a friend to quit smokeless tobacco - dipping. The deal was he could have the gun as long as he stayed off the Skoal. Didn't work out so it's back at my house. I had thoughts of turning it into a custom, acquired an S&W barrel and such, but never finished up the project. So, it just sits in the gun room. Eventually I'll sell it to some deserving soul who can blast away!
Tim

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
JCW64 said:
Talo originally had 1000 made around 2010 if I recall, and about 5-6 months ago Davidson's had some for sale although I don't think Talo was involved in these.
Not a lot of info out there but it seems to be a well liked gun and to have had a somewhat limited one time printing in 2010. Unless I'm missing something ?

JCW64

Single-Sixer
Well, I checked Davidson's website and they are indeed listed as a Talo model. I bought 1 from them a few months back and at that time it was not listed as a Talo model. Originally it was a limited run of 1000 and they sold well. It's not surprising Talo slipped a few more out.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=5234&mfg=Ruger&cat=All&type=All&mdl=All&cal=44SP

http://www.taloinc.com/ruger-firearms/ruger-blackhawk-flattop-44