sr9c light primer strikes

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rp85

Bearcat
hello;

know this topic has been covered by several post. need additional info or suggestion.

new sr09c. like everything about this pistol, its size and accuracy are just great. pistol is running @40-50% light primer strikes and misfires. the pistol's striker channel was covered in metal shavings and grease. cleaned striker and striker channel at least 1/2 dozen times.

mis-fires did seem to go away after all the cleaning. today after only 75 rounds fired the pistol started having extreamly light primer strikes and misfires.

any suggestions??? thanks for input.

rp

findlayref19

Bearcat
Would be interesting to know if you have more metal shavings after the trip to the range. If so, I would think a return trip to Ruger would be in order.

Ruger Nut10

Single-Sixer
Return it! The sooner the better. I did right after I bought mine and no problems since and that has been 2,000 plus shots.

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
Give Ruger a call. They will send you a shipping label and you just take it to UPS and it'll come back in a week or two shooting like it should. Ruger customer service is top notch, why shoot an unreliable gun?

joegino

Bearcat
Hello,
My SR9C is about 4 years old and have put hundreds of round through it. In the last couple of months misfires have started at the rate about 2-4 every 100 rounds. I clean my gun very well and keep it that way and have also cleaned the striker pin without any improvement to the misfires.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

pennsy

Bearcat
my sr9c has been back to ruger twice for light primer strikes. the first time they replaced the striker assembly and had light strikes again within 25 rounds. sent back again and they replaced striker assbly again, trigger bar reset and both 10 and 17 rnd magazines. tried again today and after about 20 rounds got light primer strikes. I have only been using winchester white box ammo because thats all I have been able to find lately. But I'm thinking the ammo is the prob with hard primers perhaps. of the two rounds that failed, one went off the second try and the other took three trys. when I sent the gun back for repair I indicated the ammo I was using, but they didn't suggest trying another brand. they did test fire with 45 rnds of black hills and 45 rnds of remington umc, I guess indirectly they are telling me its the ammo without pointing a finger at winchester.

mn_doggie

Bearcat
rp85 said:
hello;

know this topic has been covered by several post. need additional info or suggestion.

new sr09c. like everything about this pistol, its size and accuracy are just great. pistol is running @40-50% light primer strikes and misfires. the pistol's striker channel was covered in metal shavings and grease. cleaned striker and striker channel at least 1/2 dozen times.

mis-fires did seem to go away after all the cleaning. today after only 75 rounds fired the pistol started having extreamly light primer strikes and misfires.

any suggestions??? thanks for input.

rp

Are you putting a lot of lube in the striker channel after you clean it? It should be run almost dry.