SR9 Carbine?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob G

Single-Sixer
With the popularity of the SR9's and their hi-cap mags; will
ruger introduce a new companion carbine?

96/44

Blackhawk
Seems like it would be pretty easy bring back the PC9, with the magwell modified for SR9 mags.

jgr1974

Single-Sixer
I could only hope!!! :D Count me in for one!!!! I will still eventually get a pc9 to put in the arsenal!

I seriously doubt it... but who knows. Seems to me like the PC9 was pretty much marketed to Law Enforcement with the hope that departments would purchase both the rifle and either P89 or P95 pistols too... same in 40 cal.

I think some did for a while and thus we later got the aftermarket supply of well carried and little shot PC9s and PC4s.

The problem with this and the SR9 is that this pistol seems to be marketed to us regular citizens.

adk

Bearcat
I vote for the PC9 and PC4 comeback too ... but only if they make them at the original advertised weight of 6-3/8 pounds, maximum. I have the old 9 and the 40 and they each weighed over 7 pounds new. Way too heavy for a pistol cartridge carbine ... especially if you add anything to them. I think they should come back at no more than 6 pounds. I would buy one of each, in advance even. They are fabulous guns and I'll never sell the ones I've got.

-----------------------

Bob G

Single-Sixer
The PC9 and PC4 were no copy cats. My vote would be to just bring those back with the addition of the PC45, and make them to accept SR Hi-Cap mags. :wink: :D

Latest posts