SR1911 one of 100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
Got to feast my eyes on one of these today:
ruger19111of100.jpg

My boss bought one for his father for his birthday. He may have to clean my drool off of it before he gives it to him!

A

Anonymous

No offense to anyone , but I think these are just butt ugly . I mean the grips are horrible do not accent the gun at all, the graving stinks in my opinion and people are paying up to 1,500 for this crap, lol. I hope my better looking hi polished Ruger sr1911 going on gun broker tomorrow night brings near these price's.
Eric

mattsbox99

Hunter
If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. :D

---

Its a nice gun, I'd rather have it than the engraved Colt I had.

mattsbox99

Hunter
Its done with a laser so its likely not as deep as cut engraving. My Colt was done with a laser by Baron, although it was mostly lines and not the nice leaf pattern which probably makes it a little deeper.

gumpys said:
No offense to anyone , but I think these are just butt ugly . I mean the grips are horrible do not accent the gun at all, the graving stinks in my opinion and people are paying up to 1,500 for this crap, lol. I hope my better looking hi polished Ruger sr1911 going on gun broker tomorrow night brings near these price's.
Eric

More proof that ugly is in a persons mind. I have little interest in a hi-polished 1911. No offense to anyone.8)

RugerHound

Hunter
gumpys said:
Eric

Good luck! There's a large pool of buyers out there, and you might just be pleasantly surprised.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
WAYNO said:
The Wall said:
It's fake.

Well then, since you've seen one, just how deep is the etching?

Thanks.

WAYNO.
That's the point. Who wants etching. I would want one that's engraved. And where in my post does it say that I've seen one. OH, wait. I have seen one. There's a picture of one in this thread. :)

Then I misunderstood. Since you said it is fake, I thought maybe you'd seen one. Looks like I never will.

Back to my question of the OP, or anybody that's actually seen one...Is the engraving/etching superficial, or is there actually metal removed?

WAYNO.

gunman42782

Hunter
Wayno, I believe it is laser engraved. I did not touch the gun, the boss just let us eye-ball it while we all drooled on it.

Latest posts