speaking of stupid people

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

blume357

Hawkeye
I won't even venture into the gloom and doom that the weather channel is promoting with the rain we are getting and going to get here in S.C. but I will say they just showed a live picture of a street in Charleston .... where the water was over a foot deep and cars or going by .. .then they showed a guy getting out of his stalled car and wadding through... i had to rewind the dvr receiver just to make sure of what I saw... guy was bare footed...

So, you try to get out of town away from the flood in your car (I presume) or maybe just headed around the corner for an extra pack of cigarettes.... but you go out in a storm with a foot of water in the streets with out shoes on? Or even worse the guy took them off to go wading back home? I really don't wish it... but these are the kinds of folks that get sucked down storm drains.

blume357

Hawkeye
The guy while getting out of the car and wading kept trying to roll up his pants legs.. even after they both rolled back down and got wet...... another funny part was when he walked back to the car and tried to push it.... with it obviously still in gear....

contender

Ruger Guru
Hey,, I'd be barefoot,,,, as I am today. But,,, I'm normally barefoot & wading in water.

blume357

Hawkeye
Maybe he's your cousin Contender..... I forgot about you having tough feet....

here's a link to the video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l3je_Banw0&feature=youtu.be

another thing I noticed.... do you think when he does come back or goes to the impound yard to get his car, that it will crank up? he better bring a booster battery with him.

FastEd

Hunter
Statistics say only 20% of all the nuts are in the Hospital.

pete44ru

Hunter

I sorta liked the (very) short video of someone who just exited a deep puddle with his new-ish car - whereupon he opened the driver's door, and a miniature waterfall ensued, rushing out of the bottom of the door opening onto the street.

IMO, the folks that get stuck trying to cross whatever flooding ought to receive a summons/citation for being a waste of oxygen.

graygun

Hunter
Every time it rains enough to flood around here,the news will report sweep-away deaths.

Enigma

Buckeye
pete44ru said:

I sorta liked the (very) short video of someone who just exited a deep puddle with his new-ish car - whereupon he opened the driver's door, and a miniature waterfall ensued, rushing out of the bottom of the door opening onto the street.

IMO, the folks that get stuck trying to cross whatever flooding ought to receive a summons/citation for being a waste of oxygen.

Here in Arizona they get a bill for pulling their car out of the water. It's called the 'Stupid Motorist' law.

Bud0505

Single-Sixer
blume357 said:
I won't even venture into the gloom and doom that the weather channel is promoting with the rain we are getting and going to get here in S.C. but I will say they just showed a live picture of a street in Charleston .... where the water was over a foot deep and cars or going by .. .then they showed a guy getting out of his stalled car and wadding through... i had to rewind the dvr receiver just to make sure of what I saw... guy was bare footed...

So, you try to get out of town away from the flood in your car (I presume) or maybe just headed around the corner for an extra pack of cigarettes.... but you go out in a storm with a foot of water in the streets with out shoes on? Or even worse the guy took them off to go wading back home? I really don't wish it... but these are the kinds of folks that get sucked down storm drains.

It's really hard to wade in deep water wearing flip flops.

volshooter

Buckeye
We were in Charlestown last week at Patriot point, looking the Yorktown over. The pictures showing the flooding makes me sad. It's a beautiful city.
but stupid is as stupid does
When we get flooded roads around here they quickly put up signs blocking the road. Still folks drive around them with predictable results. Now that is funny.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
How about the captain that sailed his 790 foot long container ship with 33 people onboard right into a cat 4 hurricane. :(

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/10/03/cargo-ship-hurricane-joaquin-missing-coast-guard/73279228/

tinman

Buckeye
Back when I was younger, all of the really stupid ones only showed up in the paper or on tv....."burglar gets caught in chimney, fire department responds to couple that handcuffed themselves to the bed"....... But, since Algore invented the interweb, now you can now find any degree of stupidity you want......."guy rides bicycle off cliff with hold a running chainsaw", "girl sets her own hoo-ha on fire", "grandma sticks firecracker up her nose on a dare"......you name it, we got it.
And the sad part is......we keep doing this stuff in front of cameras. :cry:

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
tinman said:
Back when I was younger, all of the really stupid ones only showed up in the paper or on tv....."burglar gets caught in chimney, fire department responds to couple that handcuffed themselves to the bed"....... But, since Algore invented the interweb, now you can now find any degree of stupidity you want......."guy rides bicycle off cliff with hold a running chainsaw", "girl sets her own hoo-ha on fire", "grandma sticks firecracker up her nose on a dare"......you name it, we got it.
And the sad part is......we keep doing this stuff in front of cameras. :cry:
+1 ...and throughout history there have always been people going over the falls so to speak. "Hey watch me knock this fruit off my buddy's head with this club". :D :D

wolfsong

Staff member
Jimbo357mag said:
How about the captain that sailed his 790 foot long container ship with 33 people onboard right into a cat 4 hurricane. :(

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/10/03/cargo-ship-hurricane-joaquin-missing-coast-guard/73279228/
It was categorized as a tropical storm when the ship left port Tuesday. It developed into a Cat IV while the ship was out to sea and past the point of no return, so to speak.

Fox Mike

Hawkeye
wolfsong said:
Jimbo357mag said:

It was categorized as a tropical storm when the ship left port Tuesday. It developed into a Cat IV while the ship was out to sea and past the point of no return, so to speak.
Last I heard they had a radio, a radar, and a rudder on board. Better to use a little extra fuel than die would be my thought. Obviously the Captain didn't think that way.

blume357

Hawkeye
I read the USA today article and it is a hard one to call.... my first thought was ... you are driving that big monster ship.... don't really know which direction that big pile of wind is really going to turn and with the entire U.S. on your starboard (lee shore) and a whole lot of little rocks (various Islands) off in all directions other wise... which way do you go? Keep in mind that's kind of like a Grizzly Bear coming at you that can run 30 miles an hour and the best you can do on a good day is 15. It sounds like they ran into mechanical problems too and that kind of limits which way you can run.

Status
Not open for further replies.