SP101 Prices

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RugerBH103

Bearcat
I am having a hard time telling what is normal for prices latley. I have the oppurtunity to buy a two year old SP101 357, with the shorter barrel. It has the ruger stag looking inserts, the regular ones, a speed loader, and a Galco IWB holster. Price is 425 firm. It looks to have seen some rounds for sure, but is in good condition. Is this a fair price? Thanks for any answers.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
very fair price. I monitor Gunbroker daily and you won't find a better price. You will never regret getting your first SP101.

mcoe74

Bearcat
IMO, that is a fair price and great deal. By shorter barrel, are you referring to a 2.25" or 3" barrel?

Jim Puke

Hunter
Seems like a very good price.

This is the one that I want...can't find them used and they run around $550 new.

sp101_zpsb7146a22.jpg

eveled

Hawkeye
That is the one I have, paid $350 for it. I rarely see them for less than $500 used. Ed.

RugerBH103

Bearcat
Thanks guys, I went ahead and did it. Its the 2.25 inch model with the hammer spur. I have a fair collection of S&W J-frames, and the wife has a LCR. First Ruger double action for me. I am impressed by how solid it feels. I will have to wait a week or so to see how it shoots, had to load up on overtime to pay for it.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Welcome to the SP101 club. Don't be surprised if your SP101 beats up on your J Frames when you're not looking.

mcoe74

Bearcat
RugerBH103 said:
Thanks guys, I went ahead and did it. Its the 2.25 inch model with the hammer spur. I have a fair collection of S&W J-frames, and the wife has a LCR. First Ruger double action for me. I am impressed by how solid it feels. I will have to wait a week or so to see how it shoots, had to load up on overtime to pay for it.

Congratulations on your "new" SP101!

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I bought a used 2nd year .38 shortie from a dealer for $325. It was in extra nice,nearly like NIB with light rub marks on the grip only . I almost hurt my hand going for my wallet. SWEET !!

jackruff

Bearcat
Very nice gun and a good price. It's about what I paid for mine just like it. It was new, but that was a few years ago.