SP101 Badger Boot Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JB696

Bearcat
This is a quickie. Yes I did a search. Didn't come up with much. Do your speed loaders work with the Badger Boot Grips?? It probably doesn't really matter too much, as the chance that one of us will need to reload in a real world shooting situation is very slim. I've only had to do it once. I was just curious about speed loaders and these grips on an SP101. Thanks.

Wheelyfun44

Single-Sixer
The simple answer is NO.

The real world answer is YES.

I developed my own style of just getting the rounds started into the cylinder (like, the 2 rounds that would be at 8 to 10 o'clockish) with the speedloader on a slant/angle.

I then tilt the speedloader more upright/flat angle, but do NOT go any deeper with the rounds.
Finally, I release the knob, and the rounds will drop right in.

Sounds complicated, but it is not.
completely do-able,with minimal practice.

Regarding reloading after self-defense shooting: might not need one in the middle of a civilian encounter....but reloading immediately following an encounter would be wise...in case "friends" of the aggressor are called in to help out.

JB696

Bearcat
Sounds like it is just a matter of doing the proper amount of practice, which I should be doing anyway. I suppose if I had to, I could relieve that part of the grip slightly and refinish it with some lacquer. I think I will go with the rosewood. Thanks.

Wheelyfun44

Single-Sixer
Actually, Jim at Badger Grips will relieve his grips so that speedloaders will clear.
Have you ordered them yet?

Give him a call, he is excellent!

JB696

Bearcat
Call him up? That would be too easy. I'm running a set of Pau Ferro Hogue wood grips on my target SP101. They have been hand sanded so that the finger grooves fit my hand just the way I like. They are a little bit thinner on the sides and the finger grooves have been shifted higher up the grip. I'll probably end up doing the same with the Badgers. The clearance for the speedloaders will just be an excuse for another grip customizing project. Maybe I've got too much spare time. :?