Some PA Bears

Help Support Ruger Forum:

vics

Bearcat
Here are some pictures of bears I have seen on my property in PA.

DSC06261.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

DSC06262.jpg

vics

Bearcat
A few years back I had been given about 100lbs of day old bagels and put them out to see what would come in to eat them. That big bear came in and didn't leave until there were no bagels left. He would walk away and sleep in the woods , then come back and eat, he did that until nothing was left.

vics

Bearcat
PA has some of the heaviest black bears in the world, some that were shot were over 800lbs.

Vic

vics

Bearcat
The bears love anything sweet so put some jelly on those bagels before you drop them. Some times I would put choclate syrup way up on the trees so I could get the bears to stand up.

Joe S.

Hunter
Are you not worried they will get too comfortable around people when you feed them like that? Just curious. They are VERY rarely seen here in MS. So rare many will argue we don't have em here. But it seems like feeding them would be a bad idea. Like feeding the gators here...

vics

Bearcat
I don't feed them any more, they come for the apples from the trees I have or the blueberries, blackberries or rasberries that are in the swamp by my house. When the blueberries are ripe I see a lot more bears until the berries are gone. I used to put out lots of day old bread and what ever else I could get, just to see the bears but like you said they get to friendly. I had one bear as soon as we got to the house on the weekend he would be out on the lawn waiting for food. I thought it was just a coincidence, but he was there every friday for weeks he would eat everything then leave.

tookalisten

Blackhawk
That 4th pic of him looking straight at the camera certainly makes me think about all the thread debates we have on here regarding appropriate pistol calibers for protection. Me thinks now that they are all inadequate. :D