Some More Dog Pictures

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ok, here are some more dog pictures. For a long time, I've wanted to get dogs in action. Which isn't easy. I also want the pictures to be dirty. I don't want a cute picture of a dog. These pictures are what I'm aiming for. They aren't in crisp focus, that's not what I wanted. I took some photography classes in college, one teacher would NOT have liked them. But another professor would have. They had completely opposite styles.

These are from a couple weeks ago when we were down at the beach. I've got a lot more. Our dogs are the sweetest dogs you could ever meet. They want me to get on the floor and roll around with them at least once a day. And when they get on the beach, they are like kids in dog suits, romping in the surf and sand.

But what do you think? Does anyone like these pictures?
iv91VJRl.jpg

pd51DKLl.jpg

UHyUR4Kl.jpg

l3JIQIwl.jpg

NHFcRl7l.jpg

ye9KlyBl.jpg

3IcuIyil.jpg

Thanks, Wendy. I realize not everyone will like these pictures. They sort of fall into the "creative" photography class.

One time on vacation, our hotel was down the street from this art gallery. They had a giant picture in the window. It was literally hanging upside down. Otherwise, it was a normal picture. They called it "art" and probably wanted a fortune for it.

I think they're great. One thing about dogs--they take every moment with good cheer. And that helps everyone who sees them, whether as family member or just observer.

Are those guys what are now called "Border Collies"? When I was a kid the counties north of the Frisco Bay Area were NOT the "Wine Country." They were cattle and timber and sheep country, and the favorite stock dog was a breed called "McNab Shepherds," that looked just like your dogs. They originated in the border area between Scotland and England (like a lot of Americans) called the Cheviot Hills, which was prime sheep raising country (where the Cheviot breed of sheep came from).

One of my earliest memories was attending the Cloverdale Ram Sale and Sheepdog Trials which was held in the summer (this was before air conditioning). At that time Cloverdale CA was spa-free and the only wine tastings that went on were down on Skid Row on the wrong side of the freight tracks....how time and mis-spent money have changed things!

Kevin said:
Thanks, Wendy. I realize not everyone will like these pictures. They sort of fall into the "creative" photography class.

One time on vacation, our hotel was down the street from this art gallery. They had a giant picture in the window. It was literally hanging upside down. Otherwise, it was a normal picture. They called it "art" and probably wanted a fortune for it.

It is hard to not like dog pictures, especially since it gives something to smile about with all going on now.

pleadthe2nd

Single-Sixer
More great pictures of your beautiful dogs, I like your photography, my wifes cousin has done some amazing stuff with infrared . Keep 'em coming.

coach

Hunter
WendyZXZ said:
Kevin said:

It is hard to not like dog pictures, especially since it gives something to smile about with all going on now.
I completely agree, it's hard not to like them.