Some Dog Pictures

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Haven't posted any dog pictures lately....

being lazy, She lays like that a lot with her paws crossed, I didn't "arrange" them...
4ZeaHy4l.jpg

and out for a walk...
glVnovZl.jpg

I was about to power off my computer, and this picture is my current background on the screen right now.

It's an older picture, Blizzard is 2. (He's 4 and a half right now.)
ksZMSoNl.jpg

Thanks, I think I might have posted the last picture there of Blizzard before; but it's one of my favorites.

And the pictures are black and white, because I like B&W pictures, but also the dogs are black and white.

But thanks.

pleadthe2nd

Single-Sixer
They look like border collies, my favorite breed, I have one , and an Australian shepherd, also great dogs, sometimes these guys are smarter than we are.

They are Australian Sheppards. I can't begin to tell you how smart they are. Rainy, the one with her paws crosses, will sit and "talk" to you, I know she is trying desperately to form words, I've heard her make the same sounds repeatedly.

And Blizzard is the other big fat one. Last weekend, my daughter had some friends over for a sleep-over. They slept upstairs, Blizzard slept all night at the foot of the stairs as their guard dog. There was a news story about a dog in Florida who stayed with some lost little boy until he was found. This was just within the last week or so. I totally believe it and have no doubt Blizzard would do the same for my daughter.

And the list of human words they understand is amazing. I bet they know several hundred words, you know, like ball, toy, snack, garage, truck, stop, etc... Even turn right and turn left, when we are out walking. I'm not kidding. It makes walking with them so much easier.

pleadthe2nd

Single-Sixer
Ahh yes aussies, I should have known by the bobbed tail, and the long flowing fur around her ears, she is beautiful, my Norah is blue merle, with white markings, wish I could post pictures

Just as a note, the reason we got a dog in the first place is because of our daughter. We got an Australian Sheppard in part because of Fast Ed and his dog Hoss. All the pictures he used to post of Hoss, my wife loved him. Australian Sheppards are cousins to the Bernese Mountain Dog, which is what Hoss is. They just don't weigh as much.