Some Single Sixes

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I took my group of Single Sixes to the range yesterday. I have 5 of them. One old model and one Bisley. The Bisley model from the factory with the stainless grip and the blued frame/barrel combo.

I can't really tell which gun is more accurate than the others, if at all. I will say, non of them are as accurate as my Mark II or Browning Buckmark or the S&W Model 41. BUT!!! They are honestly more fun to shoot. I think I've shot more single action than anything.

I noticed for the first time yesterday, the Bisley and another new model I have both have interchangeable cylinders. I kind of like the Bisley with the fluted cylinder. I tried my hardest to see if one combination is more accurate than another, but I think they are very close, regardless of which cylinder is in which gun. I was also changing some grips around to see what is best.

I'll look to see if I have a picture of the old model.

PZeb2p1l.jpg

That is one of two dogs' front sights on the Single Six. I haven't filed it down or done anything to it actually. One of my goals is to send that gun to have the frame color case hardened and the sight re-done correctly.
LbdZjr3l.jpg

Here is the Old Model Single Six. It is actually stamped magnum, however, I don't have the mag cylinder. The cylinders I do have which fit the other guns are too long.

FMJy4hrl.jpg

330081 is the serial number of the old model magnum. On the positive side, it is un-converted. On the negative side, I don't have the magnum cylinder for it, just a 22 LR cylinder.

Thanks Jim. That is a nice group of revolvers in your picture.

Here is a close up of my OM magnum and how it's marked.

sorry for the fingerprints. I took this picture at the range when I was shooting it. I do wipe them down very well when I'm done. :D
LrO0I2Ll.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Kevin,
What Jim is referring to are the VARIATIONS of the magnum marked Rugers like that.
There are more than one,,,!
RSSMR
RSSMW
RSSMX
This represents the 3 main variations,, and there are variations within those 3. The RENE Guide is your friend,,,,!

Ale-8(1) said:
Wyandot Jim said:
Here are five different types of Magnum Marked Single Six 22s
Mmmmmmm . . . a man after my own heart.

:D
Ale,
One of them in that pile is a Eagle Barrel XR3 Red grip frame only 700 made about 50 from the end of the run. :D :D :D Couple of other rare ones in that pile also. But the 22s don't get the recognition like the big bore center fires. :(

NH Rugerman, Thanks, it's Adobe Photoshop. It isn't one filter, but a few of them used in different layers. It's not complicated, but more so than just applying a single filter. The pictures are from my iPhone. It's the 11 model, I'm getting more and more impressed with the camera on this phone. For example you can do timed exposures at night.