some aftermarket brass parts

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TINCANBANDIT is back

Single-Sixer
Hello Ruger forum....been gone awhile, had to create a new profile, the retrieve system isn't working, wouldn't accept my captcha entry.

Anyway, I have purchased a couple of brass aftermarket items for Blackhawks recently (or since my last visit here anyway) and was wondering what the Ruger experts could tell me about them.

First up is this brass ejector rod housing, I think it was from Caraville Arms, it had the wrong size hole for my old model Blackhawk, so I made a screw to fit.

Attachments

• IMG_3639.JPG
    IMG_3639.JPG
    631.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3640.JPG
    IMG_3640.JPG
    450.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3641.JPG
    IMG_3641.JPG
    236.5 KB · Views: 63

TINCANBANDIT is back

Single-Sixer
The second item is a brass grip frame for an old model Super Blackhawk, it has some casting flash, but is otherwise very well made, I am not sure this was ever installed as the grip locating pin is missing and there are no wear marks on the spring strut boss.
No markings on the inside, a Google image search turned up pictures of identical ones, but none of those had the maker listed. Just curious who made it, do they fit very well and what it's value might be...

Attachments

• IMG_6219.jpeg
    IMG_6219.jpeg
    442.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6220.jpeg
    IMG_6220.jpeg
    418.7 KB · Views: 61

G2

Hunter
Most likely correct on the ERH, you have to find the right enthusiast to wants to Pinto, seen them 50-75$

Grip Frame is very interesting as most have some sort of identifying mark.
If it were Ruger 3-400$ depending on amount & where porosity.
Aftermarket 200—250$
Keep in mind now we have RW Gripframes, extremely nice part $350.

contender

Ruger Guru
All Ruger g/f's are marked. Yes,, there have been aftermarket parts like this made by a few different makers in the past. Many were in smaller numbers,, & the sales weren't as good as they had hoped. And yes,, trying to identify the maker is dern near impossible.

G2

Hunter
That Gripframe looks black and it got me wondering if it might be a steel Gripframe that was sent off for brass/ gold plating and didn't like it, so it got blacked.

Magnet might add to the story …🧐

Latest posts