So I ran across these single sixes...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

First one is a new model single six, arrow marked 4 5/8" model SSR-4. NIB. Serial 261-24XXX

Two through 4 are new model single six convertible flat tops, 4 1/2", 5 1/2" and 6 1/2", all NIB, and with papers stating only 500 made of each barrel length. Serials 262-29XXX, 262-14XXX and 262-29XXX.

IIRC, all are complete down to the shippers.

Does anyone know anything about these guns? I need to figure out what they're worth, they are part of an estate.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
No Single Six is called a flattop, only the Blackhawks without the protective ears on either side of the adjustable rear sights. The set of three drift-adjustable fixed-sight guns (NR4F, NR5F, NR6F) were from around 1989. I bought a NIB w/shippers set nearly 20 years ago (Apr 2004) from a former Ruger employee in NH and he charged me $400 each. I would have to guess them to be worth about double that today if you can find someone who cares... I found myself with another of the drift-adjustable NR4F guns a few years ago and could not get any interest here for around $700 asking. Those catalog numbers were reused for the pinched frame Vaquero style fixed sight guns later, so another opportunity for confusion.

The arrow gun is a single cylinder model that came out well after the original series that were star marked. I've never had an arrow marked example so I never really established values for them. With the original star marked guns, the blue 4-5/8" model S4 is probably the rarest of the batch. For these, RENE says probably under 1000 each of the SSR4 and SSR9 made with more of the SSR5 and SSR6 made. I'd be interested in that one if it comes up for sale.

Star43

Blackhawk
My first Single Six was bought in late '86 here in CA......It was one of those "Arrow" guns. It also looks like a small house. It came with just the 22LR cylinder. I didn't know any better as it was my first Single Single Six.......since then I fell in love with the SS and bought a couple more. Along came around 1993 or 1994, I would have to check, I bought a Single Six, again with just one cylinder from a Gun shop in Modesto, CA. Ruger has a promotion going with the shop which was kind of large, and there were a couple of guys from Ruger there. They had some great deals going on. I bought a new Blued P89 , and also a Blued Single Six. I wanted to keep this gun new in the box to give my son when he was all grown up. Well time flies and it stayed in its box unopened till just last year or so I said to myself it's time to give him this gun. I opened up the box and took it out, and lo and behold it was another "Arrow" gun.....the serial number on it predates my original Arrow gun. Not by much though as I think they only made them during a 3 month period in 1986....So it is still in the box, still new and unfired. My son lives in Georgia now and when he visits, he shoots the other original Arrow gun.....makes no difference as he'll get both now. Odd how it came from Ruger "new" all those years later. I'm glad I have them though. 🙂🙂

Latest posts