Size comparison request

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KZMAN

Bearcat
Does anyone have any pics comparing a P95 to an SR9C? I have an older P95 which doesn't seem that large to me, but I am really interested in the SR9C. I have been thinking about a Gen4 Glock (never owned a Glock) but I really like the thumb safety feature on the SR series.

Thanks!

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
The Sr9c is easier to CC because of the shorter grips and magazine plus it is slimmer. The length of the SR9c is slightly less than P95 but that is not a big issue for CC. For me the P series pistols are quite bulky to carry but the SR9c and the SR40c are vary comfortable to CC and enjoyable to shoot. If you like the looks and feel of the SR9c you should be vary happy with one.

carbonyl

Single-Sixer
4.jpg
5.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-3.jpg

KZMAN

Bearcat
Thanks for the pics! Those really show how much smaller it is, especially as shown in picture #2. For those of you that have an SR, are you still happy with your purchase?

wlhump

Bearcat
I have a KP89 and an SR9c. Love them both! :D (OK the SR9c is the daughter's but...)

The 89 is everything I expected it to be: relatively inexpensive, built like a tank, and never ever fails to go bang no matter what I feed it. I can run 200-300 rounds thru it every other weekend with the family and it just keeps ticking.

The SR9c is much easier to carry, substantially smaller, has a nice trigger and like a Ruger, has never failed to go bang. I was surprised by the trigger for a striker gun. It smoothed out quickly after a 100 rnds or so. I may end up buying one for myself as my carry piece or will probably move to the SR40c since I already have the 9mm.

TXRuger

Bearcat
My SR9 is about the size of the P95 and it's a bit too bulky for cc so before I purchased the SR9c, I cc'ed the Taurus PT145 most of the time. Now the SR9c is with me 90% of the time (The PT145 still gets 10% carry time
smile.gif
). I love both of them, the SR9 and the SR9c.

carbonyl

Single-Sixer
I love my sr9c but my P95 just feels custom made for my hand. Never had an issue with the 95 and it turns out the only issue I had with the SR was in the beginning and MY fault. My brother in law is a LEO and carries a Glock 22. He put about 50 rounds through the sr9c and was very impressed. I put about half that through the Glock and not so much, but I'm about as far from an expert as you can get but I know what I like.