Sixguns by Elmer Keith back in print

Help Support Ruger Forum:

w5lx

Single-Sixer
I emailed Amazon today to inquire about the new reprinted edition. Customer Service replied within a couple of hours. They didn't know anything about it.

COR

Blackhawk
w5lx said:
I emailed Amazon today to inquire about the new reprinted edition. Customer Service replied within a couple of hours. They didn't know anything about it.

It was a limited offer of only a certain number of reprints...first come first served...it gives me great hope if they sold out so quickly, hopefully this will expose some of the "roots" of sixgunning in the modern age to a few young folks...the one I bought will be a gift to a 14 year old who said..."I'd kinda like to get into that handgun hunting"....music to my ears!

Rclark

Hunter
Well, hopefully the limited 'run' included mine! Assume if they took the order, they had one available!!!! I hope :) .

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Dixie gunworks has them in stock now ! It is the 335 p. second edition, with supplement that 1st edition does not have. I have a Wolfe publishing edition from the early nineties, 308 p., no supplement. I just recently learned of the supplement. Those 27 pages of supplement are good reading, mostly abot the .44 mag.

The price for the Dixie gun works book is $50.00 . Hope this helps !

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=3243

WMB30

Single-Sixer
Here is what Amazon emailed to me.

We're writing about the order you placed on October 30 2011 (Order# 105-9544821-1733000). Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

Elmer Keith "Sixguns"
Estimated arrival date: December 19 2011

If you still want us to ship the delayed items when they do become available (though they may arrive later than expected) please visit this address to approve the delay:

CraigC

Hawkeye
That's a good sign, at least they're selling! I pestered Palladium Press about doing a leatherbound edition a couple months ago.

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Before ordering, check to see how many pages the new copy has. If re-printed from the 1st edition, you will not have the supplement, and pages will be 308. If re-printed from the 2nd edition, it will have 335 pages, and this will indicate supplement is included. I know the Wolfe publishing release advertises the 308 page edition.

Rclark

Hunter
Mine shipped today. Should be here the 28th (slow boat from China I guess).

If re-printed from the 1st edition, you will not have the supplement, and pages will be 308.
From Amazon:

$34.62 (Free Shipping)

Hardcover: 308 pages
Publisher: Wolfe Pub Co (November 1, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1879356090
ISBN-13: 978-1879356092
Product Dimensions: 10.9 x 8.5 x 0.8 inches
Shipping Weight: 2 pounds

You'd think it would be the second adition..... But doesn't look like it!

w5lx

Single-Sixer
Wolfe has them in stock too. Just called them to order one 2 days ago and talking to the salesman, I found out it was the 1st edition without the .44 Mag updated pages and they changed the color of the dust cover to slate gray instead of green. Their price was $55 plus about $7 shipping. I asked him about the quality of the photos in the reprint and he said they were reproductions but they were "OK." I passed on ordering one and will look for a used one with the supplement. Looking forward to a review of the Wolfe book when you get yours in the mail.

skeeziks

Bearcat
Will not purchase one made in China....

Just don't seem right.... When ya think of Elmer Keith, ya think of America!

Rclark

Hunter
Will not purchase one made in China
If you are referring to my comment "Slow boat from China" .... that is a 'saying' when something takes a long time to get here.... I have no idea where the book is put together.....

Origin for those who aren't familiar with the saying :) . Dates me a bit I guess. I was out at our r/c club field a couple of summers ago and a vistor came who's name was Costello. I said "Oh, anyway related to Abbot?" .... Get a blank stare :roll: Yeah bad joke but .... He really didn't know them.... Off topic a bit. Tap'er Light!

CraigC

Hawkeye
Why the hell would they reprint the 1st edition??? Guess I'm not ordering a spare afterall.

Not to get off topic but I've noticed a drastic decrease in quality since most of our printing has gone off to China. All my books printed in the US are of much better quality than the newer ones from China.

Latest posts