Ruger single action in 188x?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BULL'S-EYE

Buckeye
Still not as bad as The Comancheros...Where they're blatantly using 92 Winchester's and Colt Model P's in a storyline set in 1843. 🙄

Ride1949

Hunter
What is this thing, anyway. Obviously it is not real. The thing that holds it together looks like a Kiwi fruit or something like that ???

Some Steampunk contraption. Obviously non- functional. They come up with some real unique ideas. It's an interesting genre.

Ride1949

Hunter
Like I said, very, very sick......🙂😄😄😄👍

1717462598794.png

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
Wasting rainy day time watching low budget westerns a couple days back and noticed that one cowboy/gunfighter was using what appeared to be a Ruger Blackhawk that had been stripped of it's front blade and rear adjustable sights. Supposedly an expedient to using a 'real' period single action? Also apparently had the 'high cap 14 round' upgrade as the user fired off at least that many rounds w/o a reload. :unsure:
WW2 hero Audie Murphy was known to use a Ruger Blackhawk with the sights removed in some of his movies. I read this years ago, but I don't remember the reason the sights were removed.

CHEVYINLINE6.

Star43

Buckeye
WW2 hero Audie Murphy was known to use a Ruger Blackhawk with the sights removed in some of his movies. I read this years ago, but I don't remember the reason the sights were removed.

CHEVYINLINE6.
I had heard that Audie Murphy used a Great Western in his movies a lot. After all, he was a large investor in the LA based company.