Single Six accuracy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jpickar

Blackhawk
Accuracy is in the eye of the beholder. 8)

2" at 25 yards is not even close for me. I talking 1/2 to 3/4" max at that range.
Again, accuracy is in the eye of the beholder. :wink:

JustsayMo

Single-Sixer
I'm certain that there are shooters that can shoot my Single Six better than me. But for 50 year old eyes, iron sights and unrested is easily all the practical accuracy I could expect.

A 1/2" - 3/4" group from a $400 iron sighted revolver would be highly impressive. Not many shooters are capable of it even if the gun is.

jpickar

Blackhawk
The key to good shooting is -- practice, good form, knowing how to get the most out your gun, and knowing what good ammo is capable of.

Anyone is capable of such accuracy, knowing how to get it is the key.

Years of shooting top quality 22 rifles really helps a lot. Experiance gives you a a sixth sense on what to do next.

John

DanChamberlain

Single-Sixer
DanChamberlain said:
126_2635.jpg

1960s Single Six at 15 yards with the cheapest WallMart ammo I can find.

Dan

This group has 6 shots in it. As usual, one chamber seems to throw a shot out of the group. Yes, it's rested, but that cluster of 5 shots makes this a fine shooting single action. The distance is 15 yards, which is my max squirrel head distance with open sights. Never tried it at 25, but expect it would open up a little more. And yes, it's a convertible.

Dan