Simply Rugged Sourdough vs. Mernickle P6 SA holsters

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hudlow

Bearcat
I bought the Simply Rugged Sourdough holster along with the Chesty Puller support system and I'm very pleased with the quality and service. It's a great setup for my New Vaquero Sheriff's .44 spl.

hud

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
The simply rugged holster is a working holster. I have several of them and they are great holsters. You can buy a prettier holster but not a better holster in my opinion. All of my simply rugged holsters fit to perfection and work great.

Hobie

Single-Sixer
I also have a Galco Outdoorsman as well as Sourdough(s) and Mernickle P6SA(s). That and the Sourdough and P6SA all present the firearm at an angle for crossdraw. Any representation of these being vertical presentations is wrong. The Mernickle is a TIGHT holster and it must be as that is how it maintains control of the firearm. Simply Rugged uses a heavier leather than earlier and the holsters are now somewhat stiffer than previously but I don't see this as a fault.

albertqss

Bearcat
Hi all,

Can any of you guys post pictures of your sheriff's in either one of the holsters. I am looking for one for my sheriff's 44 spcl and I am also very intereasted.

Thank you so much.
Cheers,
Mad

cas6969

Buckeye
I've always wanted to buy a Mernickle but I can't bring myself to do it. To me it looks like there's nothing holding it in there but the barrel? A little more coverage on the top strap and I'd really like it. They make a field model with a bit more coverage, but there's other changes I don't like as well. :(

Here's an old photo of one of my Simply Rugged holsters. It's a whopper, half a cow though. ;) Big holster on a big gun. Top right is the way I use it the most.

4styles.jpg