Should we add an AR15 Forum?

• Yes, please!

Votes: 246 43.2%
  • No, thank you.

Votes: 324 56.8%

• Total voters

Rum River

Bearcat
I voted yes. I would follow such a forum to certain extent, but it wouldn't be my number one.
However, I think diehard AR15 fans should have the opportunity if they like.

Rev60

Bearcat
If only because Ruger makes a copycat and it would help decontaminate the regular rifle forum.

hittman

Staff member
I voted no but only because I doubt there's enough call for it. Don't remember any member asking for it before, but could be wrong. If you search AR15 seems there's only 20 threads that mention AR15 in last 6 months.

Maybe having a dedicated section would make it grow, I don't know. I remember wondering if the 1911 section was needed that we added in 2011 when Ruger got into that market. Now 12 years later there's only 58 pages there or about 1100 threads total.

I'll support whatever the majority of members want and Admin allows.

Hankus

Blackhawk
I don't have much use for an AR forum. I see both of mine as "break glass in case of emergency" tools. I have them because Uncle Sam invested about 15k rounds over the years in training me to use them, and I try to never let skills fade. I don't have much interest in the extensive Build-a-Bear industry that has grown up around them.

pyth0n

Buckeye
I own 2 AR platforms One Colt Match & one Ruger AR556. For me, an AR is an AR. Plenty of magazines & other sites covering ARs. As with others, I'm neutral.

nrobe50

Buckeye
I have no interest in the AR platform but I did vote yes as there are a lot of folks that do have interest.

Besides Rugers, I also like the AR15 and 1911s. I frequent other sites for those two firearms. I really don't visit or use the Ruger 1911 catagory here and it would probably be the same way with the Ruger AR.

So while I would check in if something caught my eye, I voted No.