"57,000 Reasons - and Counting Every Day - Why You Need an AR-15"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

An interesting read:

The author did get this part wrong:

"Your pink-haired pinko-in-law likely thinks the AR in AR-15 stands for "assault rifle." It stands for "Armalite rifle." Armalite is the company that originally designed the weapon."

ArmaLite also designed &/or marketed the AR-9, AR-17, AR-22, AR-23 & AR-24, none of which were "Armalite rifles". The "AR" simply stands for "ArmaLite".
:)

IMHO, the AR platform has been demonized by politicians beyond any reasonable parameters. Since current attitudes of 'no personal responsibility' abound, the politicians have to channel their hiss and whine toward an inanimate object.
Next up on the hiss-o-meter is GLOCK handguns (the featured 'bad guy' in the Kansas City shoot-em-up.
Also, with the perceived assurance of a Trump win in November expect 'something' to trigger a monumental personal firearms ownership challenge across the board.

No need to bring logic into it
They will define assault weapon however they want. This is one for sure. Not sure what army would use it though. I remember when the Dems were pushing and assault weapon ban and every news story local included involving a crime was committed by using an assault something. Assault knife, pistol, baseball bat, golf club.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240307-073942.png
    Screenshot_20240307-073942.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 15
And maybe there will be a Democrat "insurrection" after the 2024 election:

So questioning the security of an election is an election interference crime, but refusing to certify ane isn't. If the left didn't have double standards they wouldn't have any at all.

I think there is a vast difference between the congress we elected, for good or bad, voting the way you don't like... doesn't that happen all the time? This is different from a person who swore to uphold and defend the constitution telling a crowd of people to storm the capital and stop congress from preforming their elected duty. Some of you people have drunk way too much orange kool-aid.

Ride1949

Hunter
I think there is a vast difference between the congress we elected, for good or bad, voting the way you don't like... doesn't that happen all the time? This is different from a person who swore to uphold and defend the constitution telling a crowd of people to storm the capital and stop congress from preforming their elected duty. Some of you people have drunk way too much orange kool-aid.

17051421473021309961224772313193.jpg

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
I always thought an "assault rifle" was dumb because it sprayed out a lot of high priced ammo, when a simple semi auto .22 rimfire was good enough.

Then, Bill said I shouldn't have one so I bought a few because now I realize I needed one.

ARs were not as good as an AK or an SKS, and besides it shot little bullets. Then, Joey said they were bad, so now I needed one of them as well.

I love my old model Single Six, but my ARs float my boat too.

... a person who swore to uphold and defend the constitution telling a crowd of people to storm the capital and stop congress from preforming their elected duty. Some of you people have drunk way too much orange kool-aid.

Care to provide a quote? If Mr. Trump actually told "a crowd of people to storm the capital and stop congress", the 'J6 Inquisition Committee' and establishment media will have published the quote in a thousand places, so it should take you about 30 seconds to find. (In all honesty, I suspect the blue kool-aid you've been guzzling has affected your memory.)

As always IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc., etc.
:)

TINCANBANDIT is back

Single-Sixer
Are you referring to Ray Epps, who only got probation for telling people to storm the capital? Seriously, you cannot possibly be talking about Trump......

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
Really? You really think that happened? Post the video of it happening, please. Otherwise, please stop spreading this outrageous myth.