Security Six 6 inch Blue 1980 Question - Pics added

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Good for you!

Best double action ever made.

I like mine with a Tyler T Grip but today ordered a set of those grips shown by choirboy. Numrich has them in stock.

rman

Bearcat
That's a beauty Buckeye Bill! I think you made a wise buy. I couldn't have passed it up at that price. Please post a range report when you get a chance to shoot it.

PriseDeFer

Single-Sixer
Well, if you're not going to shoot it you could send it to me and I will, and post a range report.

hittman

Staff member
They arrived today from Numrich. Honestly, I thought they were a little rich at $55.00 shipped. But, now that I see them and most importantly FEEL them ..... I may order another set! And, the original grip screw DOES fit!

Obviously haven't shot yet with them but they fit my hands really well.

LtIPfUrl.jpg

87nG4zSl.jpg

I put these on my blued 6-inch so you can see what YOUR gun is gonna look like when you pony up for a set. :lol:

choirboy

Bearcat
They look great hitman. It's good they fit your hand as well. They aren't nearly as pricey as a set of Gongolo Alves target grips for a Smith. They make a beautiful gun look even better. Thanks for the pix.

hittman

Staff member
I shot my 6 inch Sec Six with the new grips today. They're the ticket for me on the 6 inch guns. Think I'll leave the 2.75 inch guns as they are with a Tyler T but will buy another pair of these for the 6 inch stainless too.

Can't believe I missed knowing about these all this time!

dfletcher

Blackhawk
I bought a set for my Security Six stainless 6" a while back - they are fantastic, best "target" grips I've handled in a long time. With an FFL discount price drops to $34.00 or $44.00, depending on which one you buy - really not sure of the difference between the two.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/ruger/revolvers-ruger/security-6?page=3

If an aftermarket maker were selling these I'd bet they'd be about $75.00 easy. Nice to snag a deal once in a while.

choirboy

Bearcat
I finally got around to shooting my Six with the semi-target Goncolo Alves grips. I have medium hands and these are excellent. Hittman is right. These are some of the best feeling grips I've ever used. They handle the heavier loads well.