SCORED!! ( In my opinion anyways )

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BuckNaked40

Bearcat
On the way home from work yesterday, my buddy called and said he had a "lead" on 500 Rd boxes of 22. He gave me a number and I reserved a brick along with 2 boxes of 9mm. When I got there, the line was about 10 people deep. It's not the greatest 22 ammo out there but hey! you take what you can git! It's Centurion (made in Mexico) but from what I have read on the reviews, it's really not bad. Real dirty, but that's what they make cleaning kits for. I'm assuming it will shoot just fine out of my SR 22 handgun as I have not yet tried it. $31.50 per 500 rd box, which is a lot cheaper than I see online. I'll shoot a bunch this weekend and post my reviews. Anyone out there have any opinions on this stuff???

Jwp721

Single-Sixer
Centurion is fine ammo in my opinion. It fires flawlessly through my SR and is very accurate to boot. I am very happy with it. If you find your SR is not happy with it feel free to reach out to me.

The whole "dirty" ammo description just puzzles me. I see no problems with shooting ammo like Reminton Thunderbolts, American Eagles, and Centurions. No more deposit left behind then when I shoot CCI Mini-Mags.

Congrats on your find. Go enjoy your SR.

John

JCW64

Single-Sixer
I too like Centurion. Not much on anything thats made in Mexico but thats where this is made. I like it because its high velocity(1250fps) and accurate in several of my guns. The powder does have a distinct smell when fired. I will buy more when it becomes available.
In my Kimber rifles it's not quite as accurate as Wolf target but half the cost.

mjpchief

Single-Sixer
It's all I shoot. Best ammo I have found and most accurate in all of my .22's. My lgs calls me when he gets a shipment in because he knows I take the grandson out about weekend.

Timber Wolf

Single-Sixer
Dirty in .22 ammo is relative anyway. Not ragging you as I know the current situation but it is damn sad that $31.50 .22 ammo is considered a "score" these days.