Sale / Trade Value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jdm2691

Bearcat
SP101 .357 < 100 rounds. It's been through Gemini Customs without the porting, and retains the hammer SA/DA. Novak sights were also retained. Any honest opinions on value would be appreciated.

Thanks -

hittman

Staff member
Welcome to the Forum.

This is only a GUESS as I've never seen a "used" Gemini Custom gun for sale. But thank goodness no porting! :lol:

My uneducated guess is $450 for the gun and 50 to 75% of what Gemini charged you. Sound reasonable?

Hope others chime in soon.

NikA

Buckeye
The only Gemini SP-101s I've seen for sale had the porting and were private sales in the 700-900 dollar range, maybe 3-4 years ago. I would imagine that selling this sort of gun is all about finding a buyer that is looking to have this sort of work done. You might check completed sales on Gunbroker to see if any similar ones have sold in the recent past.

jdm2691

Bearcat
Thank you for the replies. There's not much sale data out there, although your opinions are right around my guesstimate. I think I'll hang on to it for the foreseeable future. Prepped it for storage as a safe queen tonight, although I may break it out once or twice over the summer. I dropped a good bit of coin on it hoping it would be my go to gun, but even with all that work I still prefer my GP100 - I installed lighter springs which made an excellent out of the box action even better. Rugers can be hit or miss in that department, but they hit a home run with this one. Smooth and light, with no FTFs at all. Flawless fit and finish too, which is becoming more difficult to find it seems. Sometimes you win and sometimes not so much with online purchases.

Thanks again -