Ruger SR1911 Recall???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

retrofitter

Bearcat
Here is another reply from Ruger.

Mr.Lewis,
All of the SR1911 barrels are manufactured completely, right here in or Prescott Arizona facility. Each barrel is machined from solid bar stock, as are the barrel bushings and slides. We also heat treat and proof each barrel on site. Someone is stretching the truth slightly when they say we are having issues with our barrel because of outside vendors. The SR1911 has been (and I am sure will remain) a solid performer. If you should have any further questions, please feel free to give me a call.

Joseph J. Cramer
Ruger Firearms
Prescott, Arizona Division
928/541-8811

The Wall

Single-Sixer
retrofitter said:
Here is the reply from the CEO at Ruger. It was super quick response.

This is complete and utter baloney, entirely made up by someone with quite the imagination. And, frankly, a very irresponsible rumor. We make the barrels. We do not outsource them. We have not had problems with them.

If you have a SR1911, enjoy it, they are fantastic weapons.

Best regards,
Mike Fifer
So, have you taken this to the FFL you talked about in your original post?
I don't know why gun dealers feel it's necessary to manufacture this kind of BS. It's like it's a disease that gun dealers have nation wide. Some of these guys are worse than used car salesmen. :lol:

retrofitter

Bearcat
Maybe my original post was misleading. I had a new SR1911 that I was trying to trade to another guy. His FFL was the one that started all this and this guy didn't want to trade because of this bogus information he received from his FFL/dealer. I passed all the information to him.
I have sense then sold my SR1911 to another person.
Thanks for all the information.

revhigh

Hawkeye
retrofitter said:
Someone is stretching the truth slightly when they say we are having issues with our barrel because of outside vendors.

Slightly ??? What the hell does THAT mean ? That they ARE having SOME problems with their barrels ? I hadn't heard of any issues with the 1911 barrels.

That is a very strange way to answer that question.

REV

revhigh said:
retrofitter said:
Someone is stretching the truth slightly when they say we are having issues with our barrel because of outside vendors.

Slightly ??? What the hell does THAT mean ? That they ARE having SOME problems with their barrels ? I hadn't heard of any issues with the 1911 barrels.

That is a very strange way to answer that question.

REV

I agree with Rev :eek: :shock: .....

Either he is trying to be polite and conveyed the wrong message or had a freudian slip and admitted that Ruger is having barrel issues...just NOTwith an outside vendor....very interesting...I will see what I can find out about this.....

Guess I don't always understand why we have to read something extra into anything anyone says.

I guess I'm simple...If the man says there's not a problem, I'm quite okay with that. :wink: I know that if I experience a problem, it'll get fixed.

But if we look long and hard enough for a problem, and can't find one, I can trust this forum to fabricate a problem.

WAYNO.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Picked up my SR1911 today, and the barrel sure is a good one. Right out of the box it burned threw 50 rounds flawlessly, 4 inch groups at 15 yards didn't seem to be a problem for it. Hopefully will get time to give it a real test run later in the week.

mattsbox99

Hunter
WAYNO said:
Guess I don't always understand why we have to read something extra into anything anyone says.

I guess I'm simple...If the man says there's not a problem, I'm quite okay with that. :wink: I know that if I experience a problem, it'll get fixed.

But if we look long and hard enough for a problem, and can't find one, I can trust this forum to fabricate a problem.

WAYNO.

+10.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
retrofitter said:
Here is another reply from Ruger.

Mr.Lewis,
All of the SR1911 barrels are manufactured completely, right here in or Prescott Arizona facility. Each barrel is machined from solid bar stock, as are the barrel bushings and slides. We also heat treat and proof each barrel on site. Someone is stretching the truth slightly when they say we are having issues with our barrel because of outside vendors. The SR1911 has been (and I am sure will remain) a solid performer. If you should have any further questions, please feel free to give me a call.

Joseph J. Cramer
Ruger Firearms
Prescott, Arizona Division
928/541-8811

All I see here is Mr Cramer is politely saying that whoever is spreading that BS is a liar. When I stretched the truth, my folks told me to stop lying!

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Let's see... I could spend my day managing purchasing, manufacturing operations, quality, packaging, shipping, regulatory issues, warranty and insurance carriers, personnel and HR issues, facilities and even the airport authority (Ruger Prescott is located inside the airpark authority)...

Or I could spend my day emailing and phoning customers who BELIEVE ANY RUMOR THEY HEAR ABOUT MY FACTORY, while being polite, PC correct, and staying mindful of making statements representing my company in a legal sense!

Hmmm... what to do, what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.