Ruger SR1911 Recall???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

retrofitter

Bearcat
I have a NIB SR1911 that I'm trying to trade and the guy trying to trade with came up with this:
"i spoke to a ffl holder locally that tells me that there was something about the barrels having to be replaced..checked a couple sites that sell them and there is a waiting period..he says(the ffl dealer) that is because they have not started shipping the guns back to the 1s that returned them to ruger to have the barrels replaced and have stopped production until they get the barrel issue straightned out."
I have read thru a lot of the post, checked Ruger site and I can find nothing on a problem.
Is there any truth to this or is it just a FFL trying to justify not being able to get one.
Thanks for any help.
Tom

robfrommaine

Bearcat
"Something about the barrels having to be replaced" sounds like vague BS to me. That would be a big deal and I've not heard about any barrel recall here or anywhere else.

gstan1919

Single-Sixer
retrofitter said:
I have a NIB SR1911 that I'm trying to trade and the guy trying to trade with came up with this:
"i spoke to a ffl holder locally that tells me that there was something about the barrels having to be replaced..checked a couple sites that sell them and there is a waiting period..he says(the ffl dealer) that is because they have not started shipping the guns back to the 1s that returned them to ruger to have the barrels replaced and have stopped production until they get the barrel issue straightned out."
I have read thru a lot of the post, checked Ruger site and I can find nothing on a problem.
Is there any truth to this or is it just a FFL trying to justify not being able to get one.
Thanks for any help.
Tom

I bet your dealer would not be telling you this lame a$$ excuse if he had some in his shop to sell you.

retrofitter

Bearcat
Well my trade fell thru, guy didn't want to take a chance on my SR1911, NIB, because of the possibility of a problem. Here is his response:
"there is not a "formal" recall...but this supposedly came to him thru some folks he knows that works at ruger...the barrels came from a outside contractor and are giving trouble...but ruger will not talk about it publicly..and just like all other manufacturers in this world they are trying to keep it quite...and again this may be bogus also..."

I guess I will keep it for myself.
Thanks for the responses.

norfolknova

Single-Sixer
That guy is piling it on deep. He just doesn't want to make the deel it sounds like.
Ruger has its own foundary. As far as I have ever seen they make all of their own parts. They even make parts for other gun manufacturers.
So he says they have a recall for barrels that were outsourced, but they are keeping the recall hush hush.... hmmmm... yep just don't add up.

I have seen them available since about the middle of January. Which coincides with what others on here have said about the second production line coming online and increasing available.

Matt

The Wall

Single-Sixer
Go to the Ruger Website http://www.ruger.com/index.html and then click on the tab that says, News & Resources. Then click on, Tell The CEO in the drop down window. Follow the instructions and send the CEO the information or question you have. He will definitely send you a response.
When you get the email response telling you that there is no barrel issue, make a copy of it and take to this FFL holder to set him straight. The Ruger CEO is a straight up guy and will tell you the truth. If there was a problem with the barrels that required them to be returned there would be a published recall. Ruger wouldn't mess around with this for legal reasons, and liability issues. If it doesn't make sense then it probably isn't true. Please let us know what you find out.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
The Wall said:
Go to the Ruger Website http://www.ruger.com/index.html and then click on the tab that says, News & Resources. Then click on, Tell The CEO in the drop down window. Follow the instructions and send the CEO the information or question you have. He will definitely send you a response.
When you get the email response telling you that there is no barrel issue, make a copy of it and take to this FFL holder to set him straight. The Ruger CEO is a straight up guy and will tell you the truth. If there was a problem with the barrels that required them to be returned there would be a published recall. Ruger wouldn't mess around with this for legal reasons, and liability issues. If it doesn't make sense then it probably isn't true. Please let us know what you find out.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ !!!

That FFL has horse apples coming out of his mouth!!! :roll: He's just trying to jew you down.

retrofitter

Bearcat
Here is the reply from the CEO at Ruger. It was super quick response.

This is complete and utter baloney, entirely made up by someone with quite the imagination. And, frankly, a very irresponsible rumor. We make the barrels. We do not outsource them. We have not had problems with them.

If you have a SR1911, enjoy it, they are fantastic weapons.

Best regards,
Mike Fifer

retrofitter said:
Here is the reply from the CEO at Ruger. It was super quick response.

This is complete and utter baloney, entirely made up by someone with quite the imagination. And, frankly, a very irresponsible rumor. We make the barrels. We do not outsource them. We have not had problems with them.

If you have a SR1911, enjoy it, they are fantastic weapons.

Best regards,
Mike Fifer

Pretty no-nonsense response I would suggest 8) 8) ....gotta like him, NO BS...and he is 100% correct with the "irresponsible" comment....

Coogs

Maximum
No doubt that IF there was any kind of recall........Ruger WOULD post it first! Liability issues and all...............by the way just bought one today, and am looking for another! Can't wait to put a few down the pipe! Coogs.

XDM4545

Bearcat
I also heard a rumor about the barrels, but what I heard was a little more believable. The version I heard was that Ruger was having problems with the barrels and slides only in the manner that they were taking longer to machine than they originally planned. That meant production rates were not meeting projected numbers. I guess if there is a problem with quality, I would like to think that Ruger will take care of it.

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
Now what XD heard makes more sense and fits the "longer" to fit and finish reason for lagging production. But stated this way it says Ruger is putting quality before production, and I like that. I would find a different LGS to deal with, if they can dream this stuff up what other BS can they contrive??

mattsbox99

Hunter
I have a first run SR1911 and I'm sure if anybody was going to hear about any kind of recall it would be with my gun.

Regardless, Ruger isn't afraid to recall a gun. They are a heck of a lot better about it than some other companies. They have had to recall two very popular firearms, and they handled it so well that the two pistols have remained in the top 5 in sales since introduction.

hittman

Staff member
mattsbox99 said:
Regardless, Ruger isn't afraid to recall a gun. They are a heck of a lot better about it than some other companies. They have had to recall two very popular firearms, and they handled it so well that the two pistols have remained in the top 5 in sales since introduction.

+1 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.