Ruger SR1911 Accuracy put to rest

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Do you think this is good enough accuracy for you?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snake45

Hawkeye
revhigh said:
Yeah they do .....

That's where the term 'combat accurate' came from.
Believe it or not, there's plenty of even worse stuff that never gets ink. :wink:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Mike J said:
If you go to Jeff Quinn's site he has pic.'s up of 2 25 yard groups. One he has marked 1 7/8" the other is marked at 2 1/4". Then we get reports of 3 1/2" groups at 25 yards. I'm not saying anyone is not telling the truth but I am curious. Could it be a matter of tolerance stacking in such a manner that one gun might be very accurate & the next not so much. Or could it just be a matter of finding a load it likes.

Oh, almost forgot here is the link to Jeff's site. The pic.'s are on the bottom right. http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-SR1911.htm

Reading articles today certainly does not challenge one's literary prowess, but comprehension of real-life does seem to escape some. Consider a paid writer
does get serious enough to buy and use a Ransom Rest or competitor. Unless one uses a machine rest there is not much credible "accuracy" information available. OSMe guys like Quinn may have shoveled enough Georgia loam to have forearms like my thighs, which generally means a steadier practiced hold and a grip better suited to consistent groups... I see plenty of shooters who fire less than three hours/two hundred rounds a month, and yet consider themselves accuracy experts. Sorry, I've never met a man who can match a machine rest. Everything else is subjective and any claim of accuracy in a given handgun is semi-fiction copy.

A 1911 is not a Contender and will never shoot as well.

sliclee

Single-Sixer
The 1911 was never made to be a target, range gun but a combat handgun to be used at 5,7 12 15 feet clean or filthy, covered
in mud, grass, filth and had to work all the time. Some how our engineers figured out how to do all and function. This
brought about "shake it loose" or it won't work.
You,me and others want it now to be what it wasn't designed to do. I have one shoots great but has to be very clean.
Wasn't designed to be carried concealed but some are.
I need a 10mm like I need another rec---, but I own one.
I need a second 10 mm like I needed the first, but I just have to have it when it has what I want on mine.
Those crazy people make them for us.