Ruger Single Six 32 H&R Magnum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Boxhead

Blackhawk
I keep one in each State. The Idaho gun...

IdSp09_sixguns012.JPG

And the Texas gun...

IdSp09_sixguns015.JPG

My 13 year old son takes the Idaho gun out in the woods and tries like hell on squirrels. He has yet to connect but is darn determined to.

Cedar Creek

Bearcat
Congratulations on your .32; I got my 4 5/8" Single-Six in 1985 and picked up a Baby Vaquero 3 or 4 years ago. I also believe it is the perfect woodsman's setup - perfect size, adequate power, great accuracy; what else do I need? Haven't shot the fixed sight version much at all, but it's on the radar for this fall to get better acquainted with it. One reason I like it is because it reminds me of my first handgun, a Colt Frontier Scout - except on steroids! 8)

Cedar Creek

I shoot mostly 115 grain bullets with Unique, but my serious carry load is a Hornady 100 gr. XTP over 11 grains of H110.

callshot

Blackhawk
Carl, Mine don't look like yours, YET. It is the summer gun. Now it is hunting season so I have to leave it home for a while.

ChuckS1

Bearcat
dougader said:
I had one like that, Flagate. The serial number ended in ...308. I think it was a 6-1/2" model.

I sold it for a decent price and got a nicer 4-5/8" barreled model. I like those short barreled revolvers.

I have it now :D and it's 5 1/2 inches.

FrontSite

Single-Sixer
Flatgate... I don' have one like that .. YET !
But I do have four of the adj sight versions and one SP 4".. very addicting

In all my load testing with the adj sight versions I have found that things come together at around 1100 fps and I like the slower burning powders better .. like H-110 or 2400 with a hard cast bullet

Two of my fav's

Two32ss.jpg

hdrk1111

Bearcat
Is there a place to go where we can see a photo history of the single action 32mags that Ruger has offered ? My buddy has a new in the box single six in 32 mag. It is a dull gray and came with white Ruger grips and has a 4.5 inch barrel. He has had it since new for many years and it has remained unfixed. Does any one know what model this is ?

contender

Ruger Guru
Look on the end of the box, and it will have a model info code. Example; SSMBH-4FI.
Pass along the info there,,,,, and we can give you more details.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
hdrk1111 said:
Is there a place to go where we can see a photo history of the single action 32mags that Ruger has offered ? My buddy has a new in the box single six in 32 mag. It is a dull gray and came with white Ruger grips and has a 4.5 inch barrel. He has had it since new for many years and it has remained unfixed. Does any one know what model this is ?

The .32s are all new models so there's no "fixing" them, i.e., retrofitting the transfer bar safety system which I believe you're referring to.

No photo gallery but I'll try to create one:

Original Super Single Six 32 Magnum introduced in 1984 in four barrel lengths and only in blue finish. Mine with 4 5/8" barrel, ignore my stainless grip frame and Bisley hammer and trigger.
orig.jpg

These also came in two Bisley models (with the adjustable rear sight or windage adj only rear sight), only all blue and 6 1/2" barrel only. Here's a recent new production Bisley with adjustable sights now made in stainless.
212682h.jpg

qoj31y.jpg

Then they only came with fixed sight models (sometimes called 'Baby Vaqueros'), 4 5/8" barrel only; stainless or blue with a case colored frame. Top gun is mine with the blue and case colored frame. (ignore the bottom 5 1/2" gun it's a .22.
vacsinglesix001.jpg

There were also limited editions in stainless or blue with a birdshead grip and 3 3/4" barrel.
34pkv8p.jpg

About 2 years ago Ruger introduced a Super Single Seven (seven shot) in 327 Fed Mag (which of course also shoots the slightly shorter 32 Mag). It's only made in stainless steel and only with adj rear sight in 3 barrel lengths from 4 5/8" to 7 1/2".

Hope this helps,

bogus bill

Hunter
I have one, a 4 5/8" that I bought in the late 90`s used but looked unfired. I haven't shot it much but think I will start packing it on my atv trail rides. I do have some dies and brass and have loaded for it.
Flat shooting, little recoil, whats not to like? They are a ear ringer.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I ll wager that the 32 H&R Mag and 327FM have been made in more Ruger configurations than any other caliber...

- Would love to see a blued convertible Bisley 5.5" with improved sights. Fer squirrels-n-such. Until then I need to find another Bisley grip conversion...

M'BOGO

Buckeye
Hondo44 said:
hdrk1111 said:
These also came in two Bisley models (with the adjustable rear sight or windage adj only rear sight), only all blue and 6 1/2" barrel only. Here's a recent new production Bisley with adjustable sights now made in stainless.
212682h.jpg

qoj31y.jpg

Not having been in the Loop for awhile, was there a run of .32 H&R Mag Stainless Bisleys, or is that one of the .22 rimfire ones from a couple of months back?

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Sorry for the confusion. Yes that's a 22. I was trying to show a Bisley Model with adjustable sights. I should have clarified that. No Bisley 32 Mags made in stainless to my knowledge.....yet.

If we see one produced, it'll likely be a 327 FM 7 shot. And a distributor exclusive limited production model.

M'BOGO

Buckeye
Hondo44 said:
Sorry for the confusion. Yes that's a 22. I was trying to show a Bisley Model with adjustable sights. I should have clarified that. No Bisley 32 Mags made in stainless to my knowledge.....yet.

If we see one produced, it'll likely be a 327 FM 7 shot. And a distributor exclusive limited production model.

That was kind of what was taken from the post, but there have been odd balls slipped in. The only Stainless adjustable sighted Single Six I'd been aware of was the 5.5" that Davidsons released around Christmas 2015.

biglmbass

Bearcat
The only Stainless adjustable sighted Single Six I'd been aware of was the 5.5" that Davidsons released around Christmas 2015.

I love to find one of those. Is it known approximately how many were produced?