Ruger LC9 or Kel-Tec pf9?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

caryg

Bearcat
I am a die hard ruger fan and trying to buy strictly ruger and have a SR9 and just purchased a SP101 in 9mm, question is I have the Kel Tec pf9 and it has been a truly wonderful gun for me, I carry it in my right front pocket and its kind of tight but that is where I carry it, also will be carring my SP there. Question, I know the Kel Tec is a tad smaller than the ruger but trying to figure out if it is worth selling the Kel tec and getting a LC9? remarks or comments please. Thanks

Striker

Bearcat
If the KelTec does the job for you and has your confidence (as it sounds like it does) then keep it!! Nothing worse than selling a firearm you like for something different and then wishing you hadn't. :cry:

On the other hand, when you can swing it, buy the LC9 and if it grows on you then sell the Keltec.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I agree, what's the compulsion to sell the Kel-Tec if it works? What do you hope to gain? If you had neither and were asking which should you buy, that would be a different story but you already have the Kel-Tec and it works.

GeorgeP

Single-Sixer
I'll echo the previous comments...keep the KelTec until there's a REALLY good reason to sell it. To buy another gun is not a good reason. I can't tell you how many times I've done that only to regret it later. In a few cases, the regret was so strong I re-bought same guns. Generally speaking, the KelTec would only bring about 70-75% of the current market price. Soooo, if you can, keep the KelTec (bedroom gun) and save until you can get the LC9.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
If your Kel Tec works keep it. Mine was a POS and I will never consider any Kel Tec product again.

9x19

Hunter
My KTs have been excellent pistols... since yours sounds the same, hang on to it.

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Keep in mind also that the keltec is lighter as well. Makes it more comfortable for carry. My $.02 if the KT works, keep it. The Ruger is essentially a copy of the PF9 anyway.

carbonyl

Single-Sixer
I have a friend who just got rid of his PF9 to get an LC9. His PF9 was very susceptible to limp wristing and once he put a laser on it he couldn't get two shots off without a jamb. He hasn't had an issue with the LC9, BUT that was his experience. If your PF9 has been that reliable and you like it that much why get rid of it. The best you could hope for is that the change wouldn't be a mistake.

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
They are both reliable, qualitative pistols with dependable readily available and responsive customer service. I've not own the LC9, but I have the LCP and the PF9 and both are excellent choices. Whenever I've had to contact the manufacturer's, they have both been very accommodating.

Keep us posted on what you end up doing. :)

eric2684

Bearcat
rammerjammer said:
If your Kel Tec works keep it. Mine was a POS and I will never consider any Kel Tec product again.

I have never owned a Ket-tec, but I have always heard that they are the "Bic lighter of firearms"

Specs

Single-Sixer
I had a KT PF9 which always worked, but when the LC9 finished "teething" I sold the KT in favor of the LC9. No regrets here, I just never warmed up to the PF9 and was just waiting for it to develop one of the common problems associated with it. I just never trusted the gun even though I had no problems with it. I'm a Ruger guy anyway, and my LC9 has been flawless.

werewolf

Bearcat
I just got a lc9 and had a pf9.Had no problems with the pf9,it was the newest version.A guy in work wanted one that was already tested and reliable and made me a good offer.To me it looks the lc9 is better quality.The extractor and ejector look more robust from what I remember of the pf9.I could be wrong.I would expect more longevity out of the Ruger.I hope so.

Kevets

Bearcat
The ejector is denintely robust on the LC9; it can send casings into at least two adjoining counties.

Latest posts