Ruger Gunsite scope mounting,need ring information

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stinx

Bearcat
I bought a RGS rifle and want to mount a Leupold VXR Patrol 1.25 X 4 (30MM) scope onto it. (traditional Mounting) When I ordered the gun the gunshop assured me that the mounts that came with the RGS would work no problem. I ordered my scope which came in yesterday and low and behold the scope is to big for the rings. I tried looking it up on Rugers scopering finder but they dont list the GSR does anybody know what mounts I need?

NYC_Shooter

Bearcat
If you are mounting in the standard location, then you will need to remove the rear site and you can then use standard Ruger scope mounts. However, as you now know, the rings the rifle came with are for 1" diameter scopes. The part numbers on Ruger's website for 30mm rings are 4B30, 5B30, and 6B30. With a scope that size you would want to use a 4 and a 5.

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
It will be pretty obvious. The taller ring goes in the rear. When installing the rings make sure you keep the mounts and the tops together and oriented the way they came from the factory. Don't mix and match!

dfletcher

Blackhawk
Just to re-emphasize, the rings you presently have will fit a scope with a 1" tube - a 1" tube is about 26mm. Just be certain you get 30mm rings for your Leupold.

Regarding "mix & match" with Ruger rings, if you don't keep the top half of the scope ring with the correct bottom half and properly oriented (left side & right side) they'll end up not matching up correctly. The scope will still fit, but because Ruger finishes their rings as an individual unit the edges won't properly line up - kind of looks lousy that way. I mark mine before taking them apart.