Ruger Customer Service Top Notch

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rawly1

Single-Sixer
I have been a Ruger guy for years. Recently purchased a new Single Seven and after some round testing, sent back to Ruger as I could not get it to print on paper at 15 yards. Got a call from Ruger today, they are replacing the gun to me free of charge. Now that is customer service. Hats off to Ruger. Can't wait to get the gun I thought I bought the first time. Very satisfied!

NikA

Buckeye
Out of curiosity, what rounds were you shooting? I had some issues with very light loads (78 gr cast with <3 gr TG) in .32 H&R brass that I attributed to variations in the powder orientation and shooter, but found that heavier loads and bullets shot much better.

Altered

Bearcat
When they did service to my P95 years ago they didn't tell me what they did either. But when I got my gun back it had a paper giving detailed list of parts replaced. Maybe you will have a description in the box with the new gun. Either way I have had nothing but excellent dealings with Ruger the few times I have needed them. That was one reason I purchased my SR45.

Prescut

Single-Sixer
You guys have been lucky.

It never surprises me anymore that the Ruger fan base forgives Ruger for everything that would give other companies complaints.

z1r

Single-Sixer
I have had nothing but great service from Ruger. One of the reasons that almost all my wheelguns are Rugers.

My fist Ruger was a 7.5" SS, Super Blackhawk I purchased used in 1986 as I was leaving the state to attend college. Not long after I was shooting it and the Ejector Housing stud came off. I spoke to Ruger, told them I was the second owner and they said send it back. They repaired it free of charge and after about 500 rounds a week while in school, it has never come off.

Then, I picked up a .32 H&R Mag SSM as soon as they hit the shelves. Several years later I was letting a girlfriend shoot it when I heard a report that was way too quite. Before I could stop her, she fired off another round. Yup, bulged the barrel. Ruger replaced the barrel with no hassle. At the Time Federal was the only manufacturer of .32 H&R ammo. Their factory loads caused the problem. they gave me a $10 coupon good toward the purchase of more ammo. Ruger, who had no fault in the matter, replaced the barrel free.

I hadn't bought a NEW gun in many years, usually prefer to buy used. However, when I heard Ruger was offering a 7 shot .327 on the single Six frame, I had to have one. been wanting another .32 for years. Plus, it was stainless. I went to the store to buy a 4 5/8" model but noticed the one my dealer had in stock was missing the two upper grip frame screws. So, they sent it back and I bought the 5.5" version instead. I was too busy to fire it until a few weeks ago. In preparation to fire it I gave it a good cleaning and noticed that the two bottom grip frame screws were buggered. I had extra's on hand so went to replace them and found out that one of the screw holes in the frame was stripped. I called Ruger, they had me ship the revolver back to them (at their expense) and called me two days after receiving it to let me know that they were replacing it. I honestly expected them to tell me it wasn't covered. I suppose the fact that it was still unfired helped. So, while it seems that there may have been a little QC lacking in the screw installation department, the fact that Ruger made good with no questions asked makes me want to go out and buy one of the stainless .32 H&R's they just came out with.

No company gets it right 100% of the time. Mistakes are bound to happen. It is how the company handles those mistakes that sets them apart from the competition. So, far, in my experience, I cannot fault them.

jsh

Single-Sixer
I am waiting on a response to a SBH 480.
I am way more forgiving on a USA made item.
This will be the first time I have had an issue that was beyond any one but the manufacturer fixing.
Jeff

Altered

Bearcat
Prescut said:
You guys have been lucky.

It never surprises me anymore that the Ruger fan base forgives Ruger for everything that would give other companies complaints.
I cant speak for anyone else but these points make a huge difference as to how I look and speak about a company.

- I can say that the way I was talked to was very polite and courteous but not in that insulting tone. This was every time I called.

- The fact that a fluent English speaking person answered and they spoke as if they wanted to help not condescending as if I was the problem.

- And the fact that what they have always told me was the truth and it never faltered back and forth as if they were trying to dodge the issue or lay blame. Actually it has been just the opposite they take ownership of the situation and offer solutions.

All mass produced things have a % of poor results and sometimes no matter what processes are put in place to eliminate them getting out on the market sometimes it just happens. Sure you can put a system in place that would eliminate any ever making it to market but financially that would not be a sustainable thing to do. Of course if you want to see the price of all the Ruger line to go up substantially to pay for this I guess its possible.

wolfee

Blackhawk
I am almost a 100% Ruger guy, mainly because of a couple of interactions with customer service. No nonsense, what's the problem, let's fix it attitude. Polite, professional and very prompt. I have given up after 3 days of being on hold with Browning Arms just trying to find out about a part availability--for a current production gun. I don't think Remington even knows what a customer service department is.

JLarsson

Single-Sixer
wolfee said:
I am almost a 100% Ruger guy, mainly because of a couple of interactions with customer service. No nonsense, what's the problem, let's fix it attitude. Polite, professional and very prompt. I have given up after 3 days of being on hold with Browning Arms just trying to find out about a part availability--for a current production gun. I don't think Remington even knows what a customer service department is.

Nor do any of their acquisitions. Had a Bushmaster AR, bought brand new, wouldn't keep 10 rounds on an 8-1/2"x11" piece of paper. Sent it back to them. 9 MONTHS LATER they returned it to the wrong address with supposedly a new barrel on it. How long can it possibly take to diagnose and replace a barrel?

In contrast, I have a Ruger #1 that had a canted barrel - visibly so. I obtained it used, and that's how it came to me. I called Ruger, they asked for pictures, I sent pictures, and they sent me a shipping label. I had it back in my hands in less than 2 weeks. Fixed. Correctly.