Ruger customer service Canadian version

Help Support Ruger Forum:

salarguy

Bearcat
I need some help here on what to some might seem like a minor issue. My buddy and I each purchased a Red Label 12 from two different dealers. There was a padlock in his case, but not in mine. I contacted Ruger customer service US, and was told the lock comes with it, they had them in stock and would ship at no cost to me. That's until I gave them a Canadian address. They explained politely that they had to pass it on to the third party Ruger appointed warranty rep in Montreal. After two weeks waiting for the first of four emails to be answered. I got a short and sweet"It doesn't come with the gun". A follow up phone call really convinced me that these guys( I think there's two of them) are not the type I want representing my lifelong main brand, Ruger. They are called Snapshots, and desperatly need a people skills course. Just venting, and throwing it out there for opinions.
Thanks for reading my first post.

Dantforth

Blackhawk
Customer service for Canadian Ruger owners is a joke in my opinion. It will not change until enough owners raise a fuss about it. The market for Ruger firearms in Canada must be small enough that Ruger just does not care. The export laws in the USA do not help the matter. So, as firearms owners we are left with a decision to make. If Ruger was really serious about servicing their Canadian customers they would open their own service depot here. They are not so they have not!

22/45 Fan

Hunter
While locks are mandatory for firearms sold in the US, I wonder if Canada doesn't mandate them so your local rep is correct and he won't have one.

357Maximum

Bearcat
Send a polite message to tell the CEO on the Ruger Website, asking them what your recourse is seeing that their warranty center won't send the padlock.
My experience is that you will likely shortly there after receive a polite phone call from SnapShots, addressing your issue.
It's a shame Ruger has such a poor Representative in Canada.

Keep us updated