Ruger Customer Service and My GP100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wproct

Single-Sixer
Oh man, that's a bummer! That finish they had put on your GP100 was outstanding. I will be anxious to see the results when they return your revolver. I never gave it a thought that they would remove the barrel for refinishing.

dleong

Bearcat
wproct said:
Oh man, that's a bummer! That finish they had put on your GP100 was outstanding. I will be anxious to see the results when they return your revolver. I never gave it a thought that they would remove the barrel for refinishing.
Indeed, I was so enamoured of the finish that I was sorely tempted to live with the damage. But my OCD won out in the end.

FedEx tracking shows that Ruger received the gun two days ago; if they don't call me about replacing the gun, I'm assuming they will go ahead with repairing it.

wproct

Single-Sixer
I would have struggled with that decision also if I had been in your shoes. I think this story still will have a happy ending. Looking forward to more after pictures.

Garth69

Single-Sixer
I recently sent my 2002-vintage satin stainless Ruger GP100 back to the factory for refinishing, as I had inexpertly tried to polish out a tiny scratch on the frame but ended up ruining the finish trying to blend the spot in with the surrounding area (there was no Dremel tool involved in the attempt--just 1000 grit
Ruger is #1 in service. They go above and beyond to service their customers.